Rejetting.

Triple_B

Sep 20, 2010
Sewage Drain
So I have to rejet because Ive got a Ken OConnor Redisigned Head, No Lid on the Air box, and its winter here. I was thinking around a 270,280,290 range. BUT im not entirely sure. I want to buy the right size jets. Im going to do plug chops but I need to get a general idea on what jet size I should be looking for.

You had better go too large and work your way back with the temp that is current. I would start around 350-360

ok im thinking about starting 340 down.... and my dad said that he is going to buy me a toomey within the next 2 months (birthday is then) so im prob gunna have to rejet then, but till then, 340 down

I understand what you were saying. Why would you run a cheap plug at anytime you start your bike. The chop requires the bike to be pinned out for the first 3 gears. Don't you think that you should run quality parts at a time like this? You wouldn't think of running cheap oil at any given time, would you? Or like running an old dirty filter when trying to tune in the bike. For the price of an NGK BR8ES plug, $3.00, I would say that this is not the place to go cheap. Also, it's not like you need a new plug for every chop.

I understand what you were saying. Why would you run a cheap plug at anytime you start your bike. The chop requires the bike to be pinned out for the first 3 gears. Don't you think that you should run quality parts at a time like this? You wouldn't think of running cheap oil at any given time, would you? Or like running an old dirty filter when trying to tune in the bike. For the price of an NGK BR8ES plug, $3.00, I would say that this is not the place to go cheap. Also, it's not like you need a new plug for every chop.

Sorry bro. I misundderstood. Fricken A man... relax.