reed re jetting

i have no idea what my current set up is. i just needed to know if i need to re jet or not with the new reeds. i have a pipe so idk if it makes a difference

most people do not have to rejet for just reeds but it is a good idea to check the jeting after you install them did you do a leak down test after you put it back together?

funny how this just came up and i was looking into what they do and the affects they have when installed

i searched about them and came across this thread first if anyone knows of a good thread that explains alittle more n detail of what they exactly do, i would luv to read up alittle more about them, many thanks

funny how this just came up and i was looking into what they do and the affects they have when installed

i searched about them and came across this thread first if anyone knows of a good thread that explains alittle more n detail of what they exactly do, i would luv to read up alittle more about them, many thanks

What reed valves?

When the piston is going up, this is when the engine creates a vacuum and draws in the air/fuel charge. This vacuum also opens up the reed petals on the valve. Then when the piston is going down the pressure inside the crankcase rises and since you have the intake windows on the piston, you need the reed valves to close so the pressure doesn't escape back through the carb. Using lighter materials for the petals enables them to open and close quicker.

so i most likely wont have to re jet i take it? im rebuilding my blaster sometime this week and when i do im putting the reeds in then im going to run it and check the plug and if its still white im going to turn the fuel screw 1/4

so i most likely wont have to re jet i take it? im rebuilding my blaster sometime this week and when i do im putting the reeds in then im going to run it and check the plug and if its still white im going to turn the fuel screw 1/4

Why not just buy some larger mains? They are like $2.50?

Turning the mixture screw in an of itself won't do anything above 1/4 throttle. That's where your needle and main jet takes over. If you are running lean on the main jet, but rich on the mixture screw, the engine is still going to fry if it's lean.