rebuild of the ole blue blasty

Aug 8, 2013
missouri
Alright guys I've been working on this thing off and on for a while but I decided to start a build thread.i don't have any before pictures except for my profile pic.

The plan: I've already gusseted the frame and I have I set of white maier plastic from a craigslist find. So I'm thinking a orange frame with white plastic and I think my black trinity pipe and some yfz heel guards will compliment that color combo. Still got my +3 swinger and stock a arms that I'm gonna run.

The engine: well before it was a stock stroke with a 66.50mm bore that had a absolutely disgusting hillbilly redneck port job. So the new engine is going to get new hot rods crank with bearings, port matched cases, and a young guns racing ported cylinder, and of course a hi comp head. Nothing fancy it's a dedicated trail bike it needs to be somewhat reliable.

My gussets.
Screenshot_2015-02-01-21-19-42.png

Screenshot_2015-02-01-21-20-02.png

Got most of the stuff together to get the bottom end together. Still need to order base gaskets(still need to port match cases), new balancer bearings, oil seals and some more misc parts.
Screenshot_2015-02-01-21-20-23.png

Got my maier plastic. Needs a good cleaning and I also need a white tank cover
Screenshot_2015-02-01-21-20-43.png

Reactions: speedyslyder
Hey Herp!! your shoe is untied..

Blasterkid, the frame looks good! Nice job man.. You welded all that up yourself?

I would cut the metal piece off that the oil tank tube ran threw. It's not needed and it looks bad if your not running the oil injection anymore.

Well a little bit of an update. I got my cylinder back from young guns racing. Looks great except for a there is some mismatch between the port and the exhaust gasket.
Screenshot_2015-02-13-20-59-35.png

Screenshot_2015-02-13-20-59-53.png

Well a little bit of an update. I got my cylinder back from young guns racing. Looks great except for a there is some mismatch between the port and the exhaust gasket.
View attachment 14415
View attachment 14416
He never planned to make it as big as the gasket. its was a mild port, not aggressive. and yes, i talked with him

although, i did point out that lower left divot and he said it was just the light reflection o_O

Great build, interested in it. As far as gussets you missed an impirtant one, bottom frame between narrow bars just befor a arms, thats where most frames i see bend bad. U snag a front tire n stump or tree and it yanks u over bending frame. Color combo is awsome!

Great build, interested in it. As far as gussets you missed an impirtant one, bottom frame between narrow bars just befor a arms, thats where most frames i see bend bad. U snag a front tire n stump or tree and it yanks u over bending frame. Color combo is awsome!
i guess im not getting where your talking about

Second frame pic from the bottom, you can see the gusset in there.