Rear shock question

96MXBlaster

Jun 20, 2010
SD
So i was curious if anyone ever tried putting a rear yfz 450 shock on a blaster? I got my blaster and the shock here and it looks like it would fit. I have a YFZ 450 rear shock very nice condtion with only 1 or 2 rides on it i would let go for 70 bucks plus shipping if you guys want to messs around with it. Just dont feel like playing around with it and i like my PEP shocks anyways.

If you test it out and make it work, then someone would probably buy it a lost faster

If you test it out and make it work, then someone would probably buy it a lost faster

Its my dads blaster and he said he didnt really want to but i will talk to him again. its supposed to rain all weekend so i might just try it out. But i am giving you guys a bargain. They go for over 100 on ebay and they are in worse condtion then mine.

But it's useless unless it works on a blaster here!

Not trying to be a dick here but I am just stating my opinion, take it or leave it. Nothing personal

The yfz 450 rear shock is way too long for a stock rear suspension setup. Even after shortening the bottom mount its still too long. I picked one up a few years back and ended up selling it after seeing how much it would raise it. I sold it to another forum member, not sure if he is still around or not, but he put it on his blaster which had a yz400 motor. There should be some threads about the shock though, I know freek also has tried out the yfz 450 rear shock, and he also posted about how long it was.

The yfz 450 rear shock is way too long for a stock rear suspension setup. Even after shortening the bottom mount its still too long. I picked one up a few years back and ended up selling it after seeing how much it would raise it. I sold it to another forum member, not sure if he is still around or not, but he put it on his blaster which had a yz400 motor. There should be some threads about the shock though, I know freek also has tried out the yfz 450 rear shock, and he also posted about how long it was.

Wish someone could find that thread.8-|