Rear fender need help

Jordanrott1989

Apr 12, 2012
Rochester, WA
Hey hows everyone doing i just had my head gasket blow and i took my 2001 blaster into the shop to get it fixed, i have two questions. First one (nothing to do with body i know) is i spent 300$ (including labor) and they replaced head gasket, put on two new rollers and rear chain guide, and used my carb i bought off eBay to replace my old one (because i fu**ked my carb up trying to unstrip screw), was wondering if i got a good deal or i got screwed. But my second question is my most important question the previous owner of my quad flipped it and cracked the back right part of the rear fender completely off. I was just wanting to know if i buy a 88 rear fender to 2000 rear fender off eBay are they all going to fit properly on my 2001 blaster? I looked up the stock rear fender and it was about 211$ or something like that and the VA is screwing me for the next 3 weeks on my college money so i was wondering if its worth getting it cheaper off ebay for an 88 of a different color and just spraying it to match my front and rear fender. Thanks for the help if you reply and i appreciate it!!!

well, i guess if you would have done the work there wouldnt have been the labor charge? as far as rear fenders go, talk to Yamaha28, hes got ALOT of plastics in the 'For Sale' thread.
^^^ya, what he said!!!

"Hey hows everyone doing i just had my head gasket blow and i took my 2001 blaster into the shop to get it fixed, i have two questions. First one (nothing to do with body i know) is i spent 300$ (including labor) and they replaced head gasket, put on two new rollers and rear chain guide, and used my carb i bought off eBay to replace my old one (because i fu**ked my carb up trying to unstrip screw), was wondering if i got a good deal or i got screwed."

Did they tune the carb? dealers no matter whether its atv's, mx, powersports, cars, boats, they all are pretty expensive cause of overhead costs, lots of payroll, profits, and the list goes on. the good thing is that usually factory trained techs are working on your stuff. although you learned nothing in the process by not doing it your self. this stuff happens and next time it does hopefully you try to figure it out and not seek the dealer. It helps in the long run. maybe not the first few trials but in the long run.

thanks everyone appreciate the replys and the link ill try to figure it out myself next time i just wanto ride while the weather is nice in washington haha its a rarity when it gets sunny here didnt wanto take the time to figure it out being lazy

^^^Real good guy to do business with!!! Hell Ya you wanna ride! don't feel bad about not knowing all this stuff yet. it takes a bit. guys on here really know their two stokes man! i talked to my buddy Duane who build race carts before i built mine. im a old 2 wheel guy, this was my first quad. what i got from him and what i got here were sooo different. i ended up doing all the work myself and the results are fantastic. use the search tab for detailed info, you'll find all post from ALOT of other guys that have done the same things or had the same probs. have fun with it, Enjoy!!!

Anytime you take it to a dealer for repair your being screwed. Head gasket and. All the work you listed would be easy for you to do and would of saved you a lot of money that you could of used to buy other parts.