Rear End Needs Lowering

mayor west

Nov 21, 2010
Ive recently fitted a yfz 450 rear shock and now the rear sit a bit too high for my liking, I would like it to sit around an inch lower, I was wondering if i could use a lowering kit to solve this? The other option is to drill my swing arm a touch lower, although i'd rather not drill the swingarm unless i have to

Thanks

The proper way to do this is to get an extended swingarm, or send your stock one off to be extended. I'd recommend the +3 or +4 set-ups, it's what I've seen most people run.
I think Sicivicdude and Strokedtater make extended swingarms, contact one of them for further info on what you'll need.

There is a cheap lowering kit available but if you are going to show it a jump I would not recommend it.

My son uses one on a Chinese (excuse the language) bike, but he never jumps it. Would be ok for flat track.

Ive recently fitted a yfz 450 rear shock and now the rear sit a bit too high for my liking, I would like it to sit around an inch lower, I was wondering if i could use a lowering kit to solve this? The other option is to drill my swing arm a touch lower, although i'd rather not drill the swingarm unless i have to

Thanks

yeah +4 ftw. it will put you right were you want to be when you get on it