rear brake caliper question

any model years from 88-02 will work but i would suggest trying to find a hydraulic rear brake setup on either ebay or do a search on here and see who makes a conversion for streetbike brakes. i believe awk is the man to talk to about that .

Yep anything from 88-to 02 will work if you wanna go with the stock cable brake. Best thing to do if you have some extra cash is get in touch with awk and get a hydro set up.

Oh come on, there not that bad. I've never had a issue with mine and I ride it hard. If you get a mechanical rear then just make for sure it is a working caliper, not some locked up piece of crap. Maybe do some price comparison against hydro setup, I never have. I've never had a issue.

Oh come on, there not that bad. I've never had a issue with mine and I ride it hard. If you get a mechanical rear then just make for sure it is a working caliper, not some locked up piece of crap. Maybe do some price comparison against hydro setup, I never have. I've never had a issue.

IMO , the mechanical brakes are JUNK , the fronts never stay adjusted , the rear overtime becomes a rusty paperweight , cheap factory junk , Hydro is the way to go , its in the top 5 mods you SHOULD do to your blasty. My rear hydro set-up cost less than 50 bux , and a few hours of fab time .

I'm sure hydro is better, I'm just saying I have never had one problem with mine. If hydro. setup is only $50 bucks the maybe he should look into them more. With shipping from who knows where, mechanical rear would probably not be much cheaper from e bay.

I agree with Hotrod.. I have never had a problem with mine and they lock the rear tires right up.

Rear hybros will require some fab work to get everything to work properly