Rear Banshee Shock

zgjttgd

Oct 13, 2008
North Carolina
I posted this in the parts section, but got no answer. A banshee rear shock does not bolt right up to a blaster as some people have stated on here. The top bolt is too wide to go through the banshee eye. Has anyone tried this before? If so what is the solution? If I use a smaller diameter bolt it will it will wear out the mount over time because of the movement created by the smaller bolt. I was thinking about using a smaller bolt and trying to find a couple of spacers to make up the difference. Any help would be appreciated.

yeah, for most other shocks too, ya have to make bushings for the top, but it is my thinkin that a banshee shock is too short, unless your lookin to lower it???

Banshee shocks do not work on a blaster without serious modification. It would be good if someone was looking for a cheap TT shock, but air box modification would be a must. The adjustment knob will not allow the shock to line up with the swingarm mount because the intake boot is in the way. In order to make it fit you would need to reroute the boot to allow for the resi and adjust knob. You would also have to drill out the top bushings to allow the blaster bolt to slide through or use a smaller bolt and use shims. I wanted to try it because there were a lot of people saying it would bolt. Well it doesn't. Good lesson learned though, only take advice from someone who has actually done it rather than someone who thinks it will work.

i'm running a 400ex airbox w/ my banshee shock if you want pics i can get close ups of the mounting and i'm running a +3 swingarm which leaves the stance fine

6.jpg

What about mounting the rezzy so its facing the motor instead of the airbox? Or can you mount it upside down so the rezzy is on the bottom?