Ready to give up!!

wicked6

Nov 3, 2010
se WI
Hello guys, I have an 04 blaster that I received on a trade about a year and a half ago. It ran great till last summer. I was a couple hours away from home on an ATV trip when the rubber vacuum plug that the guy had on the oil injection on the carb developed a crack. Yes it ran lean and I burned the piston up. Luckily , I found a piston and a shop ( for cylinder work) around that town and rebuilt it at our campsite. Cleaned and checked the carb real good. It ran decent enough to finish our trip.

The next time I went to ride at home I could not get it to run. The carb kept overflowing into the cylinder flooding it out. Ordered a rebuild kit thinking the needle was not shutting of the gas. Rebuilt the carb and same problem. Adjusted float height and same problem.

Now this year I decided to ditch the TORS anyways so I bought a 30mm OKO. It has a 48 pilot and 148 main. Figured it was good enough to get it to idle at least. I started it and runs for about 10-15 sec. and dies. It will only do this with the choke out. The air/fuel screw is 1 1/2 turns out. The cylinder is .040 over and full fmf exhaust with foam filter and no lid.

Compression is at 140 psi and I don't have a leakdown tester. I have very limited time to work on her since I Work 3rd shift an watch my 1 year old during the day. I am just getting tired of trying to figure this out. I wish 1 of you guys lived near by so I could just dump her off and have a running blaster.

Thanks for any and all feedback from the community.

Last edited:
images

^^^^Fellow Blaster Owner!!!!
dont get frustrated bro, thats a good looking blaster, you can Drop It Off at MY HOUSE!!!
i agree with B7, check your reeds and make sure your coil has a good ground and produces a decent blue spark.

Yes the plug gets wet so I am getting fuel. I am also getting spark. The only thing I did not check was a leakdown. I would think I could at least get it to idle even if it leaked right? If it was that bad I don't see how I could get good compression. Reeds are brand new( boyeson) TORS is deleted the right way for 03-06 blasters.:-/

Yes the plug gets wet so I am getting fuel. I am also getting spark. The only thing I did not check was a leakdown. I would think I could at least get it to idle even if it leaked right? If it was that bad I don't see how I could get good compression. Reeds are brand new( boyeson) TORS is deleted the right way for 03-06 blasters.:-/
not if the air leak is big enough.

I'll check the float height and change the pilot to a 55. Any suggestion on the main? The elevations I ride is anywhere from 800 to 1000. I think I will hit up Slick for a leakdown tester. It will be a couple days till I can get back out to the garage but I will let you know my progress. Man I feel like the pic above. Too funny. Thanks guys.

I'll check the float height and change the pilot to a 55. Any suggestion on the main? The elevations I ride is anywhere from 800 to 1000. I think I will hit up Slick for a leakdown tester. It will be a couple days till I can get back out to the garage but I will let you know my progress. Man I feel like the pic above. Too funny. Thanks guys.
What add-ons do you have? pipe, airbox lid/no airbox lid?...etc.

overall good advice budget blaster that banshee is bitchin that's what i'd want my banshee to look like if i get one only IDK about those rims or the front plastics still 9/10

Just an update. Finally got out to the garage and spent some time trouble shooting. It turns out the coil was bad. It would fire a deep blue spark when checking but it lost spark right after it fired up. I changed the coil and I have a running blaster. Leak down test passed with flying colors. 7psi for 5 min with absolutely no drop in pressure. All that is left is jetting. Thanks to all replies. Now back to the trails!I:I