rattle rattle thunder clatter boom boom bang...

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
dont worry call the car x man...

lmfao not really...

so i wired up the system that was in my ranger into the mazda lastnight, and some how my kenwood 1k watt amp got messed up, so itraded a 10 inch mtx for a dual 600 watt 4 channel pile of crap,

had to rewire my sub ( jl 12w3d2) to get the most power out of the amp, which is one coil to channel1/2 bridged and other coil to channel 3/4 bridge...

this was the outcome...

VID00013.flv video by 4cfed88 - Photobucket

VID00012.flv video by 4cfed88 - Photobucket

**face palm** rattle sucks!!! id hate to hear how bad it would rattle with my kenwood in it...... i even have the licence plate bent out, looks like a trip to the hardware store for rubber washers is in order

Last edited by a moderator:
time to get some dynamat or something similar....don't know what the best stuff is out there right now, haven't done much car audio stuff since high school

naa.. i dont wanna add the weight of dynomat to it, adding rubber washers to any mounting bolts and between panels will stop the rattle, with little to no weight added., plan on taken the car to the drag strip and no point in adding 100 pounds of sh*t to stop rattle

Yeah dynomatt adds a lot of weight. However ur best friend for the trunk noise as I tell everyone that don't won't to spend the cash on dyno use a good thick wheather strip on ur trunk lid, behind ur license plate. U will be suprise the outcome

thats cute it could b worst tho. just think if you had more powa and better equipment then you go from rattles to good o'le flex.
and on that note(selfish plug lol) im a ascendant audio, incriminator, and sundown audio dealer and many more brands also. and i build custom sub enclosures and fiberglass too.

second skin makes some good deadner thats rather lighter than dynamat.

i was runing a pyle with my red label earthquakes stepped up to a boss but still couldn't get the trunk of my old deville to rattle then again i should have stepped up from 1200 watts

my old 95 eclipse, i was running a 12'' digital designs 45 series, in a 3.3 cubic foot slot port box. tunes for 38-50 hz, mark anthony mp40 40 watts by 1 at 4 ohm ( straigth cheater amp) amp made well over 1500 watts, 4g power/ground 12g remote, 8g speaker wire,

hit consistant 144.3 db an nothing rattled!!! roof/windshield flexed but no rattles