Raptor 350 heel guards

wompmonster

Apr 26, 2012
I bought raptor 350 heel guard a while back and installed them on my blaster. The interfere with the kick starter. Does anyone have any fixes for this?

i can't get pics right now but they interfere with my foot from going all the way down. So i would get a half kick in.

I doubled up my foot pegs with the foot pegs that came with my heel guard and that gave me more room. This is the only pic i can find, and its not the kick starter side.

sc33_zps7537723e.jpg

yes, the double footpegs help some, i run them also, which moves the heelgaurds back over 1".
but you still need to learn to place just the heel of your foot on the kicker, not center it on the kicker, after a few weeks/rides, it will become second nature to kick with your heel.
small price to pay for good looking protection !

No i just cut the mounting tab off of the raptor foot pegs and bolted them to the blaster foot pegs. Look at how munch wider the raptor foot peg is then the blaster foot peg.

ahhhh, thats right, bronco's bolt on method moved his heelgaurds back further than mine, i welded the 450 peg over top of my stock peg, and didn't gain the distance back he did............

2820tc3.jpg

I have the raptor 350 heelguards. You'll need to cut the inner hump where your kicker hits. That hump was for the brake setup on the raptor. You won't need to trim much. Very simple. It's the only mod i've had to do to mine. there's a how to on installing them that shows the hump cut out.

btw....for anyone considering adding yfz pegs, use the bolt on method bronco used above, versus the welded method i went for after switching to the yfz's from double blaster pegs.
the yfz's welded over the blaster pegs i use now fill with mud and dirt badly between the 2 sets of pegs, seems i blocked the drain holes of the yfz's with the blaster peg inside.

Sweet i have extra foot pegs for the blaster i will just double them up thx.

try to cut them like bronco did, leaving the inside top connection for the cut off pair (see pics above)
if not, they will collapse when bolted together, and you need to insert spacers to keep them from collapsing