random spuratic problem.. inconsistant

4cfed

Jan 5, 2009
fond du lac wi
www.airfoolers.com
okkkk let see if i can explain this so someone can figure it out.. been having this problem for afew weeks but just kinda delt with it since its not effecting the motor..

so randomly when im riding. only in 4-5-6th gears ill get a bog.. not real back just wont pull threw the rpms like it should.. throtle at wide open. and feels like at half throttle.. and some times it will make a almost .. pinging detonation sound.. BUT ill let off the gas when it does ether thing and get right back on it and its fine.. like i said there is no pattern to it and its random and inconsistant.. so i dont think its a fuel delivery problem,
if was fuel related it should do it all the time... could it be that my tors is finnaly starting to act up on me??? or is there something else i should be checking out??... i always run good fuel.. 93 octane with no ethanol, and pro honda hp2 100% synth racing 2 stroke oil, always been running a br8es plug... thoughts???

hmmm has it always done this if so could be running to rich...
but yeah you could go ahead and get the tors removal kit from vito

no it started doing it a few weeks ago, air filter is a stock style filter but requires oils.. its clean and oiled properly..

and the day it started. i turned the air/fuel screw out one turn and it stopped for like 4 days.. like i said it dont seem to be a fuel issue since it dont due it all the time

yeah.. i know there is aDIY thread on it.. but instead of ripping everything off.. could i just disconnect the wires going to the box on the carb?? just in case its not the issue... and i can remove everything at a later date

exactly.. the way i see it is.. ill leave it tell it gives me problems.. i said that when i first got on this site... i kinda memorized the tors removal instructions in case it ever gave me problems out riding.. figure for testing resons it would be eazyer to cut un plug the wires since mine have male/female plugs in line so two unplugs and its not hooked ip

huh.... maybe check ur orange wire that slips onto the coil. i had this wire and it was loose on mine where it slides onto the coil under the seat. it would run fine most of the time but some time in the upper rpm range it would vibrate and i woukd have to let off the throttle....anyway, check it..let us know

mine has done this too, ive had electrical problems, i would have to agree this is being caused by either tors or another electrical unit, i would start with tors though!

its only in the high rpm range? i think it might be jetting try putting a new plug in and checking the color of it, might be a little rich what have you changed around the time it started this besides the a/f screw?

have not changed anyhthing, i went 29 hours on a plug.. my jetting seems to be aboutr dead on? my plugs allways loks the same.. golden brown no sign of and lean burn spots on them,
ill check the coil wire when i disconnect the tors

its only in the high rpm range? i think it might be jetting try putting a new plug in and checking the color of it, might be a little rich what have you changed around the time it started this besides the a/f screw?

happens mid/to high range ~~BUT~~ it dont do it all the time.. its soo randoms and spuratic is a biiish t figure the problem

YA it is something random...like a loose wire. is the temperature outside the same or is there a big difference...i say loose wire maybe even ground

I think you all are thinking in the wrong direction. Ive had this problem many times on all kinds of vehicles. I would start by pulling the carb apart and cleaning it out THOROUGHLY! That means the jets, needles, everything. It only takes the smallest minute piece of anything floating around in the carb to block up that little tiny hole in the jet. If it still does it after that, purchase a shop manual. In there you will find the ohm specs for all the coils and other electrical components. Your stator coil could be weak or it could be your ignition coil. I have a manual. I can help with any technical questions you may have.