Rad Relo Kit for my Outty 500

EZRider76

Feb 23, 2012
WNY
Looking for input from Outty owners, but I guess anyone can share if they want.

So after overheating last ride, I finally pulled the rad out of my outty and sure enough, it was packed. X( I always rinsed it out as good as I could, but I guess it didn't matter. So, I'm gonna relocate it now. I'm torn between fabbing my own kit with a rock away hinge so I can still access the brake rezzy and fuse box with ease, or dropping $250 for a CanAm one. I don't want to drop the loot, but I'm kinda pinched for time. The others I've seen aren't modifiable for the rock away, but they don't cost as much either. On top of it all, they only advertise for 650's and 800's. X(

So, do the kits for the 650's or 800's fit on the 500? Should I just fab my own or drop the loot? :-/

Can-Am Outlander/Max/400/ 500/650/800 (06-up) - Complete Kit Free Shipping the people i ride wikh have outlanders and renegads and this is what they run

Wild Boar eh, there is a better price for that somewhere else I saw last night. I'm not a huge fan of running free advertisement for someone either, but their design is better than the High Lifter (even though I like the simplicity of that one) and...I can't remember the other one. The only other place I've seen that is pretty decent is Rubber Down out of Canada, but they seem pretty expensive.

Looking for input from Outty owners, but I guess anyone can share if they want.

So after overheating last ride, I finally pulled the rad out of my outty and sure enough, it was packed. X( I always rinsed it out as good as I could, but I guess it didn't matter. So, I'm gonna relocate it now. I'm torn between fabbing my own kit with a rock away hinge so I can still access the brake rezzy and fuse box with ease, or dropping $250 for a CanAm one. I don't want to drop the loot, but I'm kinda pinched for time. The others I've seen aren't modifiable for the rock away, but they don't cost as much either. On top of it all, they only advertise for 650's and 800's. X(

So, do the kits for the 650's or 800's fit on the 500? Should I just fab my own or drop the loot? :-/

yes the 650 and 800 will fit on your 500 the only diff. in the bikes are the motor

So, a little update, I've decided to fab my own relo kit. Why not!?!? I've already got my templates for my rack mounting plates, next is going to be determining the efficient angle for the rad and making it adjustable so I can access my brake rezzy and fuse box. I'm gonna try and expedite this process for a late Saturday completion. This is gonna be fun.

Alright, I beat my deadline with naked steel, but it took me another few days to get it painted and to cut my vents. It is relatively adjustable so that it rocks forward, even though there is access to my brake rezzie and fuse box. This was a nice little distraction and good way to get some pent up energy and frustration out. I have to say, for not having a sheet metal break, this isn't too bad of a job.

0623122012.jpg

0623122013.jpg