racing another blaster

moodyblaster

Feb 14, 2009
Va.
I have raced a friend of mine several times now and every time I race him I always win. We have the exact same blaster, the only thing different is his has been bored out .50 and mine hasnt been bored at all. What do you think the reason is that mine is faster. You think it may just be the condition of the other bike or what. I know it might be a hard question to answer with out actually being there to see the difference.

yeah only thing would be weight and skill if the bikes are exactly the same.

OR he's not jetted perfectly for .050 over, wouldnt just be stock jetting. well, i asume it wouldnt with atleast approx 5cc's more

We are abiut the same size 5'8" 155. My gearing might be different, he has a stock front sprocket and mine is aftermarket one tooth more than his. My tires are 20-11-08 and his are 22-11-09. Will that cause that much of a difference.

well with you having a 14 tooth front sproket with 20" rear tires, and him with 22's and a 13 tooth sproket, that pretty much equals out. then again, the power delivery could be different. just for fun, swap front sprokets and see what happens. he'll have alot of top end but lower acceleration.

yes with ur 14tooth sprocket it give u more top end and with his bigger rear tires it slows him up a little

well acualy, it would almost give him the same top end hes getting with the 14. i think its more with the 14 tooth. ima add gearing to my info post!

I think my shifting is better, not sure if its bad but i'm not using the clutch and speed shifting or just shifting faster than he is.