Status
Not open for further replies.

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
well, it's official
i had spoken to james (norman420) about his spindles about a month ago, and was informed he was hanging it up, no more hydro spindles, as he is pursuing some new ventures, and wouldn't have time for both

i responded that this was a sad day for the blaster community, as his spindles were the shizzle, and thanked him for providing an awesome product to alot of us looking to save a few bucks versus the high $$$ +03 hydro parts

well one thing led to another during that conversation, and i was informed he would be sending me everything he had, so i may, or find someone, to carry on the legend that is .... norman420 hydro spindles

that day has arrived, as i received a package today, that includes way more than i ever expected, he even sent the taps, dies, reamers, loads of hydro parts, tons of bolts/nuts, patterns, a whole bag of the bushings used, < custom made tools to install those
hydro lines, front wheel bearings, and even a complete set of the famous spindles to use as a guide to building these

am i capable of pulling this off alone, without a mill, and some way to cut out the caliper bracket ??? highly doubtful

i sure would like to see this great product carry on on for the blaster community, and thats quite possibly why this was hoisted onto my shoulders ???
i definately didn't agree to this for the money, as i knew without making all the pieces myself, and having to outsource them, and keep a competetive price, would leave very little profit

i will be taking this whole box of parts/pieces to oconnors with me at the end of the month to see what we can come up with, that keeps them affordable

but i'm surely open to any suggestions, ideas or help anyone would like to offer ???

but for now, norman420 spindles are off the market, and i'm sure james would appreciate his email and PM boxes not be full of messages about spindles he no longer makes
so no more refering customers to norman420, or me for that matter, until further notice
as soon as I, or whoever, figures out a way to carry this on, I will post those results

what I received today.............

29ckh94.jpg

Last edited:
I hope someone can make them. Even if you have to charge $200 plus shipping. It would still be a god deal seeing how hard it is to find good 03+ spindles. Glad i already got mine . . I'll remove the link in my sig when I get home.

terrible day first yamaha28 now this...

yes, sad about yama28
but these spindles are in good, determined hands.
they will rise from the ashes again someday, hopefully in the near future !!!!!

Last edited:
Hoping, for the drum brakers out there, that these don't end up in the $200 or more range...

I've already got my set but I know I wouldn't have bothered with front hydros if they were any more expensive than I got them for.

You can't get a system for under $275-300 even on ebay, I paid $195 for my complete system including sending him my old spindles! Worth every penny!

Damn, guess I waited too long to get mine, just assumed theyd always be there for me. :(

Good thing its gone to you awk!

Oh and hows shizz been, I havent been on here for awhile. Riding season getting ready here in Utah and I need some stuff for the blaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.