Questions

Damon03blaster

Nov 10, 2014
He all I am new to the whole atv thing especially Yamahas but I acquired a 2003 Blaster and had a few questions on it. When i took it for a test ride the bike ran fine and then i got back and the throttle was stuck wide open. On a side note the throttle box is held together with bailing wire :/ it could be carb needs cleaned or something but also my kill switch doesn't work and i don't have a headlight or a tail light. the kill switch i can live without but i do a lot of riding after dark and would like to have lighting. So i was wondering if anyone has ever put those items back on after someone took them off and what i need to do! Thanks!!

Why do you think caused the throttle to stick open?

Do you think it was mechanical, or could it have been caused by an air leak creating a lean idle mix.

i feel like it has something to do with the throttle cable, i heard about the TORS system today too so i dont know if that has anything to do with it.

look through these posts in the electrical section and you'll come across a wiring diagram.... Its all super simple you should be able to mount it up and plug in the two wires i believe it is and you're on your way.
Theres also a cool mod I've seen on here where people buy a set of lights from walmart and hook em up. Almost looks like banshee lights.
Ill try to find it real quick

you need the voltage regulator on there if you go with stock light set up.
it is under front nose of quad.
top of carb cap might have come loose see if you can tighten it with your hand
but not sure what is rigid with bailing wire..sounds like a bad idea,not safe:D

looks like this....

voltage regulator.JPG

Thanks for the responses guys but the throttle box is what is held together probably going to order a new one and a new carb set up. The reason after taking the bailing wire off I found out the throttle box threads are stripped where the cable goes in could that be my problem with the throttle sticking open?