Question for those with banshee axle

B-1

Jul 31, 2010
VA
How are you guys mounting the stock brake caliper on the banshee axle on 88-02 blasters. I measured the axle mounted and i couldnt get a exact measurement because of the rotor and sprocket being in the way but it seems that the axle is about 1/2 an inch more to the right. Probably not a big deal but is there a way to space the axle so its centered and the caliper will work? I was also thinking maybe mounting the caliper bracket on the left side instead of the right and then using longer bolts and spacers to mount the caliper to the bracket. Before i start fabing something up i was curious as to what others where doing. Pics if you got them please....thanks guys

i think you may have to have the banshee brake hub with the 88-02 carrier. not sure if this work with the drum brake, but you have to have it if you run hydros.

It's blaster axle also, if you are looking at the quad from the back the axle should be longer on the left side roughly 1/2inch look at the swingarm it has extra on left side as well for ample chain clearance this way, it actually makes it so carrier is not dead center hence the extra space on one side of axle. This is normal and should be this way so it is centered with quad frame

if you want to run the stock blaster hub on the banshee axle, you can use a spacer. i did on mine until i put the banshee brake hub on. i still have the spacer i made if you want it.

So with the banshee hub the brake caliper can be bolted on how it is from the factory? I would like to see how u did yours with the spacer.....got a pic?

100_0425.jpg

this is the only pic i can find of the spacer. in this pic, i am running the shee axle and brake hub cause i thought i needed it for the shee brake hub. i was wrong and it put my axle too off center for the banshee axle and hub. but this is the spacer i fabricated for use on the stock hub with the banshee axle. i just went to ace, got the biggest lock nut i could find, heated it with a torch, pounded it with a bfh to get it flat, then honed it out so it fit on the axle.

oh and the things circled on the caliper are spacers i had to make. the banshee brake hub with the caliper sat too far towards the carrier, so i used some 1/4 inch spacers so i didnt have to modify my brake mount on the carrier.

Ok cool deal.Thx for the pic... Im going to try and figure something out on mine tonight

with a banshee axle the rotor is in a fixed position so it's not going to wok with the mechanical blaster brake caliper becuase that is in a fixed position also, you need to switch to hydro brakes with the banshee axle

^^wrong and wrong again. i am running a cable brake just fine on my blaster with a banshee axle. also, you CAN run a stock blaster brake hub and caliper on a banshee axle. you just need to space it as i showed in the pic. trust me. i ran my stock blaster hub for a while with no problem. then i got the shee hub so now i am running my shee axle with my mechanical brake. absolutely no problems

^^wrong and wrong again. i am running a cable brake just fine on my blaster with a banshee axle. also, you CAN run a stock blaster brake hub and caliper on a banshee axle. you just need to space it as i showed in the pic. trust me. i ran my stock blaster hub for a while with no problem. then i got the shee hub so now i am running my shee axle with my mechanical brake. absolutely no problems

You are correct sir!!Although I prefer the correct brake hub and not the spacer.But the spacer will work if need be.

Get a shee or 03-06 blaster or warrior brake hub and follow the pics in this link and you will be good to go.The mechanical calipers work fine with the shee axle swap with slight adjusting.

http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/banshee-axle-brake-help-needed-34722/

Heres what i came up with last night. The stock bolts barely went threw with the spacers so i got to go get some longer ones but i think this will work out just fine
35mpmpf.jpg

20gz47c.jpg

it should. did you have to use the spacers in the brake mounting plate like i did? or did you just put them there? you should think about getting the shee brake hub in the near future though. thats one shiny axle btw

youre running the caliper bracket on the wrong side btw. if you put it on thr right side of the carrier, i dont think you will need the spacers on the brake.

Thanks...took me about 3 hours to polish it lol. But the only places i used spacers was on the bolts that hold the carrier to the swing arm and where the caliper mounts to the bracket. Also the bracket has to be on the wrong side or the left side of the caliper hits the rotor.

yea..hopefully it will hold up well. ill report back when i get this blaster goin....maybe it will help others out