Question for those with a Trinity pipe

240Fun

Nov 3, 2013
South Wales NY
So i tried to install my pipe today and it's on but the fitment is not the best i can't get the top mount to bolt up and when i position it near the mount the pipe sides off the header about a 1/4 of an inch and like i mentioned its only near the mount i can't get the mount to line up at all I've tried taking the silencer off to get it to fit right and in order to get the pipe on the engine i had to take the lower and front engine mount bolts out to get it to side on the header
I can make a piece to make the the top mount work I'm guessing that's the best option i got right now i would have taken pics but after 7 hours of tear down and reassembly i was done looking at it for the day

i always leave the flange slid on the pipe while installing/removing it, then bolt it to the cylinder, makes life much simpler.
and yes, i use about a 1/2 spacer and longer bolt/nut for the top mount

oh ok i will go ahead with making the upper mount work and i had the flange mounted and already done a leak down test so i didn't want to remove it again at least i only had to take out 2 bolts to slide the pipe on
you would think they would make a jig/old frame and motor to make the pipe on to make sure the pipe would fit correctly i had a DG before i became well informed about the performance of the pipe and the fitment of that was not the greatest as well at least the silencer fit ok

Last edited: