Question about pulling the crank

youwish0411

Mar 9, 2015
So, I am rebuilding the entire engine. I have the cases apart and everything, but how do I go about pulling the crank out of the one side of the case? Exactly what tool do I need to pull it out. I have watched videos but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any information would be much appreciated!

I could post pictures if that would help. Just let me know what info you need and I will be sure to post it!

Thanks in advance!

harmonic balancer removal tool to push the crank out

what I use to push the crank out /\

http://www.harborfreight.com/bolt-type-wheel-puller-set-69889.html

image_22701.jpg

This may be a stupid question, but how do I use that tool to push it out? I even bought one of those harmonic balancer pullers and put it on there and nothing 'clicked' in my mind. I swear I'm not an idiot when it comes to mechanics and engines... this could just be one of my 'moments'.
The puller comes with various bolts, two of which are correct thread and length. Thread two bolts thru slots , into holes on each side of crank in case half. DO NOT use holes that hold case halves. Be sure all s rews are out. Remove Stator to get at those under it. Thread jackscrew with pointed end on into puller.

is there a spot to bolt the spreader bar from the press to the clutch side? i know there is on the stator side

Amazingly there are identical holes on the clutch side for using the puller. I actually had a new crank/bearing that I ha to use the puller to get the crank out of the right bearing.