Question about being a noob on Ebay

99LRDblaster

Jan 25, 2011
Delphos/Columbus, Ohio
So I'm selling my Keihin 35mm carb I bought and didn't use, but I've never sold anything on Ebay before. At any rate, I want to sell/list it for $120ish shipped, but want to keep the selling fees as low as possible. What's the best way to go about doing this with a buy it now and keeping the insertion and sold rates the lowest? I saw a few rates, but don't get if they are added on to other percentages of the sale or if they are independent. :-/

Last edited:
you get screwed on the rates either way, they charge for any little thing even the amount of pictures you put, im guessing keep the ad as simple as possible. and you get jacked by paypal too to recieve the money lol

gotta pay to play, ebay gets u even if it doesnt sell, post it here see if anyone bites on it....but i doubt u will get 140-150 for it, i just got a 36 for 120 shipped, just letting u know.

gotta pay to play, ebay gets u even if it doesnt sell, post it here see if anyone bites on it....but i doubt u will get 140-150 for it, i just got a 36 for 120 shipped, just letting u know.

I can't post in the classified section yet, but ok that's fine. I'll sell it for $120 shipped if anybody is interested. I:I
101_7086.jpg

.......and yea I noticed the Ebay rates were major rapesauce while looking over some....I just didn't completely get it.

Use 1 picture, lower your price and charge more for shipping.
Ebay's rates go by how much your selling price is and the type of auction you choose.
They do not go by your shipping.

Just a little advice I think you should lower your selling price, that carb is in great shape but with the economy the way it is people aren't gonna be wanting to spend a ton for a carb.