Question about adding a bigger carb

tlystash

Jul 8, 2011
I went to a local bike shop yesterday and picked up a box of blaster parts.
One of the goodies in this box was a Keihin "PJ" carb which i was told was for the yamaha blaster and it would get me a little more power of my blaster.
He told me it was good to go on my stock motor and everything. But im not too sure about that. I believe its a 34mm but im not sure.

I have no bore on my motor, and I have stock intake manifold. Only thing after market is DG head pipe, and pro circuit muffler, Which im going to be changing the header pipe to a stock one and maybe even the muffler.

Is this carb going to bolt on and be good to go?
Or am I going to have to bore my motor and get a new intake manifold?

you'll definately need a new larger intake, and adapt/cut the airbox boot
but i wouldnt run a 34 on a stock motor/pipe, 30mm is as large as i'd go on stock
maybe someone would trade ya a good 28/30mm for that on here

i ran a 34pj on my stock motor for a long time with 0 probs at all..mustve got lucky cause it ran good

you and i both know your luck sucks, musta been skills
i was speaking in gereral and probably to a rookie tuner, if he had to ask this question, his best bet is to stick with a stock or only slightly bigger carb

you and i both know your luck sucks, musta been skills
i was speaking in gereral and probably to a rookie tuner, if he had to ask this question, his best bet is to stick with a stock or only slightly bigger carb

lol if it wasnt for bad luck id have none at all lol....and yes i also would reccomend a smaller carb..28pwk mabe a 30I:I