put an RPM guage can it be done

km200

Apr 29, 2010
tweed ont
hey guys can i put a RPM guage on my blaster that would be sweet to know what my RPMS is doing i do lot of long hual driving just wondering lol would be sweet!

wow some of those trailtec meters are expensive but ya you cant wire a rpm guage i thought my hooking it up to the coil or a power wire from the stator!not to sure but those digatal meters i don't like i perfer an analog guage!

The trail tech vapor's have a built in rpm guage.

One thing to keep in mind is whatever rpm guage you get you need one thats made for a 2stroke, a 2stroke fires twice in its cycle while a 4stroke fires once so theres about a 50% error if you use a 4stroke tach on a 2stroke.

If you want analog I suggest looking for an older sled with one or look in an aftermarket catalog for them.

I like the Trailtech Vapor but wish you could make the temp display stay up. It defaults back to the tach display. You can set warning lights for 2 temps but I would like to be able to see the display all the time. It can be helpful when doing motor, carb & gearing changes cuz it remembers high rpm & mph But ya have to remember to write info down before the mods. Maybe that's just me cuz my memory's gone and my mental harddrive is full and only has random auto delete...:) It's a fun toy, but kinda expensive.

VaporfuelLED.jpg

I havent looked into it yet but I see know reason it wont work. I'm going to the local go-kart racing shop and I'm gonna buy a temp/rpm gauge. We ran them back in the day when I raced karts. They are way cheaper than the ones for quads. There super simple to use and will tell you what you want to know, rpm's and temp, not a bunch of crap. I think this is a great mod that will save money over the quad built ones. Temp goes under spark plug and rpm zip ties to spark plug wire, stupid simple.

I dont, really care about something showing me rpm's, my ass tells me that. I want to see the temp. on these air cooled engines. You can save alot of money when you see the temp. go up before you feel it. I cooked a piston after riding the bike for only 5 hrs. after I bought it. I wasnt sure if what I heard was pinging, it was. Tach/temp. gauge would have already payed for its self.

I havent looked into it yet but I see know reason it wont work. I'm going to the local go-kart racing shop and I'm gonna buy a temp/rpm gauge. We ran them back in the day when I raced karts. They are way cheaper than the ones for quads. There super simple to use and will tell you what you want to know, rpm's and temp, not a bunch of crap. I think this is a great mod that will save money over the quad built ones. Temp goes under spark plug and rpm zip ties to spark plug wire, stupid simple.

How much do they go for? Sounds like it would be perfect for me

dt200 uses a mechanical tach if i'm not mistaken. and if you're in the US it'll be a biotch to get parts

Not sure of pricing for go kart temp/tachs. It's been years sense I raced those things. They were cheaper than those Vapor tach. things for sure. Call the local kart shop, damn near every large town will have a kart shop.