Project Chevy Extendo Maxx

itstyler

Jan 20, 2011
After all the family stuff today i decided to work on the tmaxx project im building for my nephew, hes 5 now so he wont be getting it for a few more years but i like building them so i started a little early :D

This truck was actually the first tmaxx i got, my dad bought it for me shortly after they started making them back in 1999. Its been driven so much that nothing is original its all been replaced over time and upgraded. The motor in it now is a trx2.5r its pretty beefy, i thought about going to the next size up but decided instead to get a 1.5 inch chassis extension and put a Orion Racing big block motor in it. Ive ordered a new aluminum trans with steel gears to hold up to all that power, Also got steel drive shafts and cvd's as well as HD differential gears. I was going to customize this years ago but bought a Tmaxx 3.3 the newest version of the truck on craigslist and built that instead.

The pics are without the chassis extension im tearing it down right now its coming in the mail. I put the aluminum knuckles on just to see how everything fits.
DSC02402_zpsa16d39fd.jpg

Old roll cage vs new extended roll cage

DSC02404_zps8a98c671.jpg

Badass new chevy body vs way less reliable old ford body :p
DSC02403_zpsf5edeef4.jpg

Coming along nicely.I have a few roll cages that look identical to that.Fun project and I bet the nephew will love it.I had to convert all my kids rc's to 2.4 radios.They kept snapping antennas and that got pricey.lol

Coming along nicely.I have a few roll cages that look identical to that.Fun project and I bet the nephew will love it.I had to convert all my kids rc's to 2.4 radios.They kept snapping antennas and that got pricey.lol

Im going to upgrade all the electronics, not sure what im going to go with yet. The newest traxxas controller has a ipod dock that is used for tuning, looks very cool.

Here is the headlight and underglow kit i got for it.

DSC02410_zps470c9f5e.jpg

The orion racing motor im thinking about using, i might stilll order something else i just have this from a past project and its barely been run.

DSC02405_zps35554fc8.jpg

Lights look sweet.That Motor should put out plenty of power.I don't have any of the newest traxxas controllers but I do run the first 2 generations of the 2.4.They are very easy to mod and add switches as you need them,there priced right to.I also use losi's 2.4 system on a few vehicles.There all one in the same unless your spending big $ for the high dollar units.

Last edited by a moderator: