problems

M

mike_hancho

I have searched and it did come up with other threads but they never really mention all the solutions or if they fixed the problem. I will list everything that I can remember is wrong with my 03 blaster.

1. Does not want to start.

2. If we spray starter fluid into the carburetor and can get it started for a few seconds it will not idol, and just want to die unless we hold the throttle constantly.

A couple things that were going wrong with the bike before it would not even start any more. It would not idol. It would bog down and die if I did not have the throttle pinned. After it did die on us when we could get it started if we pressed the throttle and release it the bike acted like it was still at full throttle.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated thanks.

hi the TORS stands for trottle overide system its MEANT to shut off the fuel flow to the carb if the carb is stuck open it dosent work like its meant to and is more trouble than its worth i think there is step by step instructions on how to remove it in the diy section!!!!
it aint that hard to remove you'll need a screwdriver and a wire cutter if i remeber??
Hope this helped??

it cuts spark not fuel. it will run untill you give it gas. I've dissabled three on my blasters and tested it on one it will run untill you give it gas and it will die every time.

it cuts spark not fuel. it will run untill you give it gas. I've dissabled three on my blasters and tested it on one it will run untill you give it gas and it will die every time.

Once we get it started using starter fuel straight into the carb, it will only stay running if we give it gas though.

maybe an air leak. Or bad reeds?

It does have a crack in one of the reeds but we switched it out with my other friends reeds and did the same thing. Can any one help me and tell me why there is too much gas entering the carb? It pretty much flooding itself.

the needle and seat are bad if to much gas is entering and not shutting off when full. or floats are bad and not telling the needle to shut off the fuel it will run out the overflows if its the floats. does it smoke much when running?

the needle and seat are bad if to much gas is entering and not shutting off when full. or floats are bad and not telling the needle to shut off the fuel it will run out the overflows if its the floats. does it smoke much when running?

Yes it does.

ur getting to much fuel to it i would say does it leak out the overflow on the bowl if so ur floats are stickin and need fixed.reason it runs when u give it gas is because ur buring some off but if its filling up and draining out the overflows take the float bowl off the bottom of the carb and clean them and the plunger that connects to them real good and see if they are working good if not get a rebuild kit for it..hope i helped alittle

ur getting to much fuel to it i would say does it leak out the overflow on the bowl if so ur floats are stickin and need fixed.reason it runs when u give it gas is because ur buring some off but if its filling up and draining out the overflows take the float bowl off the bottom of the carb and clean them and the plunger that connects to them real good and see if they are working good if not get a rebuild kit for it..hope i helped alittle

Where could I get a rebuild kit at, thanks.

Ok, I believe its now compression issue. It will roll a little when its in gear, and then catch itself and then roll a little more. If parked on a hill in gear it would take it a couple minutes to roll all the way down.