problems after fresh bore

klone

Aug 17, 2009
ok i recently got back my jug from a local borer and i put everything back together adding new VF3 reeds and putting a fmf carb jet kit (i have fmf exhaust) in my carb somthing around a 325 main jet and a needle on the 3rd step.

i kick the bike over.. it builds compression and i kick it again from a awsome start.
chokes out bikes running good awsome 3 minutes go by as i walk around the bike and i forgot the chokes out so i push it in...

and when i push the choke in the bike idles up high and stays there
revving high

if blip the gas and it stays there.... i pull the choke back out and the idle drops to perfect and idles smooth

i push the choke back in and the same high revving happens

im thinking maybe with the choke in the bikes running lean...

im a noob im awsome with a 4cylinder honda motor but i just started with these 2-strokes

the bike continues to idle awsome with the choke out so i begin my break in anyway

let the bike idle for 15 mins with the choke out and shut her down to cool fully and idle for 15 mins again

i do that 3-4 times and i go to take the bike around the block 1/4 throttle and the bike wont shift into secound just goes into neutral

back down to first.. go to shift.. just neutral

i cant get the bike to shift up at all just neutral..

i just did a fluid change so maybe the fluids low.

my manual says .7 qt and thats what i did.. lol is that to low?

sorry for the LOOONNGGGG read

hope someone can help me out

thanks everyone! =)

The shifting is a seperate issue than the choke. You either have a super lean pilot jet or a clogged pilot jet, i am guessing the latter. And the shifting could be shift fork that is bent or something going on with you shift drum

Thanx I'll take the carb apart again n check if it's clogged.... It's still the stock 32.5?

First, Tell my all the Air/Engine/ carb mods you have. Running that large of a jet is enormous! i would've thought you would be running at 280-300 main jet.
Last, yes, 32.5 is stock pilot jet. I'd bump it to either a 35 or 40 pilot to keep a widespread powerband

EDIT: There should be a small plastic gauge towards the lower end of your engine on the right side of the engine to be exact. It should be 3/4 full.Or if you cant find it, put 650cc of oil in it

Last edited:
ok just to cover the basic with the shifting problem the pattern is 1 down 5 up. not trying to be a smartass but this is just to make sure. if thats not it then yes it is likely the shift forks being bent. With your idle problem it would not be your jetting you should adjust the air fuel screw which should solve the idle problem.

ThAnks guys I forgot to mention that's is bored .02 over and I'm running the air box lid off

I'm running "stage 2" of the fmf kit which tells me to put a jet that big In... I'll put a smaller main in it even though that doesn't have anything to do with my idle.. I did mess with the air screw on top the tors and I don't get much if any response.. I have the screw on the carb body 2 full turns out as fmf told me to do

I'm going to order a pilot jet tomorrow

I have a banshee carb... The one with the choke... Can I use this at all?

Thanks alot guys