Prepairing myself for the worst.

01blaster_freak

May 11, 2007
Well i'm doing jst what the topic says, i think i blew my blaster up today. It ran good all day well i was on my way home an i was in 6th gear not in the power band then i hit the powerband an took off fast my RPM was going up steadily then all a sudden it bogs so i shifted down still bogging i shifted down again got her in third held the throttle half way an she was running like sh*t, no power at all. I pressure washed it before i went riding cuz it was full of mud i'm hoping it just got some mud into the carb an is clogged part way.

But i also listend to it when i had the plug in it i might have blown my head gasket cuz it sounds like it's blowing air out around the head somewhere i'm gonna spray some soapy water on it an find out.

I will keep you up to date on my beast, going to work on her now :)

Hahaha, ok man i can do that. Well i checked the carb it's clean as can be. tuesday i'm gonna throw a brand new spark plug in her an see what happens if that's not it then i'm going to check the reeds for cracked spots or spots that's broken off. If the reeds aren't bad i'm going to buy a compression tester or just pull the head off an see what the cylinder looks like.

Like i said i will keep you up to date on what i do.

Hey Blaster Freak, on a previous thread you mentioned to me that you had a nose piece and 2 fenders. just curious on what you want for them. Let me know, pretty desperate on the hood piece.

What your describing sounds exactly like what happend to my quad so if you figure out whats wrong let me know.

As you know mines jacked too. Maybe Yamaha sent out a signal to all of those wires on the Blasters worldwide, and disabled them. haha

Lmao! be pretty hard to do to mine seeing how i eliminated every wire that wasn't needed an i have an outcome of 7 wires total.

About the hood man make me an offer i can get some pics.

What your describing sounds exactly like what happend to my quad so if you figure out whats wrong let me know.

You are reffering to your 4 stroke? since you said your still looking for a blaster. If so i can help you out if you got messenger or something. I do work on both engines 4 an 2 stroke.