Precision Stabilizers

KB Motorsports

Dealer
Feb 11, 2009
Why has the Precision stabilizer become the industry standard?
Before the Precision came on the scene many riders used stick dampers. The problems with the stick dampers are:
1) Poor geometry, and inconsistent shaft travel per degree of rotation
2) You push the damper in one direction and pull in the other
3) Lack of performance, a stick damper can only take a small fraction of the pressure that a precision can absorb
4) Though cheaper, a stick damper has a very short life expectancy; the average rider goes through several stick dampers in the time he would have only used one Precision. After years of use the Precision still has value, while the several blown up stick dampers have none.

The Precision compared to other Rotary dampers:
1) The Precision is the only dual vein damper; the other dampers have just a single vein. This gives the Precision far better performance and the ability to absorb impacts. The Precision is machined from one chunk of heat treated stainless steel and is not held together by unreliable pins.
2) The Precision damper has extra thick hard anodize components while other dampers on the market have standard anodize, which is 1/20 the thickness. This means cleaner oil and a longer life. The standard anodize will wear through and start to contaminate the oil in less than six months; one company released a rotary damper that does not have any anodize at all which this will contaminate the oil in just hours causing excessive internal wear which results in a short life.
3) The Precision damper is the only damper that is fully and separately adjustable for going straight and turning were you can run the damping for going straight firmer or softer then for turning. With the Precision damper you not only control the steering you also control the back end slide of the quad, both in the way it slides and in the way it returns to center.
4) The Precision damper was the first damper to be designed and made for ATVs, and is made by a company that will be around to provide parts and service to its customers for a very long time.

While other dampers on the market appear to be a be a cheap at first; the best bargain in our opinion is the Precision.

KB Motorsports 270-774-1982 ATV Parts

^^actually i raced a xc track with the blaster,stock suspension, and i really didnt feel the need to upgrade it(other than longer a-arms and axle) but i asnt bother buy the "sucky" stock suspension. On an mx track would be different i imagine but i dont do mx.

I bet if you looked at 1000 quads out here you'd find less than 10 stabilizers, if you want to rock crawl get a JEEP!

I'm not sure why you would need a stabilizer if you rock crawled. ;) basically a stabilizer is there to prevent your bars from slamming your wrist while your ripping through a rough trail/track. The stabilizer is made to absorb any impact your front tires encounter (rocks,logs,stumps,etc...) and prevents some of the force before it reaches the handlebars. I rode without a stabilizer for years before finally buying one. I wont have another bike without one now. You can ride faster, safer, and longer with a stabilizer mounted on any ATV.

I'm not sure why you would need a stabilizer if you rock crawled. ;) basically a stabilizer is there to prevent your bars from slamming your wrist while your ripping through a rough trail/track. The stabilizer is made to absorb any impact your front tires encounter (rocks,logs,stumps,etc...) and prevents some of the force before it reaches the handlebars. I rode without a stabilizer for years before finally buying one. I wont have another bike without one now. You can ride faster, safer, and longer with a stabilizer mounted on any ATV.

If you like to ride in the rocks that's your thing8-|, the extended swing arm took care of the rough trails!!!

If you like to ride in the rocks that's your thing8-|, the extended swing arm took care of the rough trails!!!

The longer swing-arm applied extra leverage on your rear shock which is why your blaster is feels "plush". The only downfall about extending the swing-arm without buying a custom shock is the factory suspension wasn't designed for the longer swing-arm making it prone to bottoming out.

Hello everyone, this is my first post on blasterforum. I have been lurking for a long time and have not posted as I have felt that I had little to offer. I come in at 280#s and love the blaster because I can make it do what I like- I just do not like the power. I have Elka’s all the way around and this last weekend I was at the Oregon Dunes- Houser to be exact. The first day I was fine but the last two I was getting beat to hell by the chop and ruts. This was amplified by the speeds for which I had to chase everyone else on banshees and 450r’s. I thought that with my size and strength backed up with an Elka suspended quad that it would be better. I have to say the ride was world’s better but the shocks did nothing for the violent back and forth movements of the handlebars. I am now considering the purchase of a steering stabilizer- to help save wear and tear on my body; something I failed to do in my younger years and am now paying the price for being overly macho. I want to minimize the wear and tear on my already damaged body so that I can still ride in another twenty or thirty years. I think that the idea of the steering stabilizer is to help the rider relax so that they can ride harder, longer, and to minimize injury- not about testosterone and whose willy is bigger.

Here's a picture of the Precision Stabilizer mounted to a Blaster.
BLASTER%20MED.jpg

I run a rotary stabalizer on my LTR (CCP). It doesn't have as many adjustments as a Precision does, but the quality is good. To the point though, it was worth every penny. You can push much harder on the trails and the track without getting all jerked around. If you ride rough trails or race mx or cc, they are a great buy.