Powerstroke Dragster!

Powerstroke FTMFW !!!!!

BTW here's my superduty, 13.80s with only a programmer, the rest of the truck is factory stock

truck2.jpg

I like how he leaves just off idle and it still breaks those big azz slicks loose.

Last edited:
Just imagine the cubic dollars it takes to do that.

haha i was thinking the same thing.

i wonder how they fuel that thing. the powerstroke's are good engines, but they are very limited to the heui fuel system that feeds them. i'd much rather stick with the simplicity of my 12v

most people who make high horsepower out of a powerstroke, such as the big name pullers, p-pump them so they dont have to worry about their fuel system not being able to keep up. a friend of mine is looking into doing such a thing, and he was planning on spending upwards of $10k just to put a p-pump with all the parts and such that need made on his 7.3 powerstroke.

Needless to say, he is building a 12v to do the job cheaper

I would love to see that timeslip because i race my dodge against many Powerstrokes and never have I seen only a chipped truck pull those times.:eek:

i was thinking the same thing, but didnt want to throw the BS card... You cant shift fast enough in a stick shift to pull those times anyways with just a chip, and an automatic wouldnt hold up to that being factory stock.

i would love to see a gas engine spin slicks just off idle lol

he's not launching off idle. he's building boost as he pulls up to the light

I would love to see that timeslip because i race my dodge against many Powerstrokes and never have I seen only a chipped truck pull those times.:eek:

i can show you soooo many threads on powerstroke.org of 6.0's running high 13's with just a programmer and exhaust. 4x4 boosted launch helps out too. heres just one

Ran 13s on Tuner and Exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

i was thinking the same thing, but didnt want to throw the BS card... You cant shift fast enough in a stick shift to pull those times anyways with just a chip, and an automatic wouldnt hold up to that being factory stock.

he's not launching off idle. he's building boost as he pulls up to the light

an automatic hold ups just fine until you start getting up to 500-550 hp to the rear wheels then its time to build the tranny. i run a 140 hp tune on my stock automatic transmission for 3 years now and not one lick of trouble from the tranny.

i can show you soooo many threads on powerstroke.org of 6.0's running high 13's with just a programmer and exhaust. 4x4 boosted launch helps out too. heres just one

Ran 13s on Tuner and Exhaust - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

an automatic hold ups just fine until you start getting up to 500-550 hp to the rear wheels then its time to build the tranny. i run a 140 hp tune on my stock automatic transmission for 3 years now and not one lick of trouble from the tranny.

i guess i'm just used to allisons and dodge transmissions then lol. you cant even do a boosted launch in a dodge on a bone stock cummins without risking breaking an input shaft and destroying everything. and allison transmissions are great, as long as the engine in front of them are stock. i have a few buddies with them who have efi live and they have to baby the truck because the extra power of the tune kills them quick. i dont know much about fords automatics, because only one of my friends has a powerstroke, and its a six speed.

i guess i'm just used to allisons and dodge transmissions then lol. you cant even do a boosted launch in a dodge on a bone stock cummins without risking breaking an input shaft and destroying everything. and allison transmissions are great, as long as the engine in front of them are stock. i have a few buddies with them who have efi live and they have to baby the truck because the extra power of the tune kills them quick. i dont know much about fords automatics, because only one of my friends has a powerstroke, and its a six speed.

dodges transmissions are junk, i have 3 friends with cummins and 2 are in the shop right now getting rebuilt and the other can barely drive his because the clutch is about shot. granted 1 of em getting rebuilt is putting out some serious hp and cant keep a transmission in it. dodges motor can handle a higher hp tune because they have stronger head bolts, i would be scared to run a 200 hp tune on my truck without having arp head studs. fords transmission however holds up better for some reason, wish i could say the same about the motor. the 6.0 can be a great motor but you need about 5 grand to get rid of most of the junk ford put on it. im slowly getting rid of all that junk. every tune writer i have talked to have said that the 6.0 engine takes to the tunes better than any other diesel motor so far.

sorry to revive this thread, but i know what you are saying. the only thing is, there is not a "tune" for a p-pumped cummins. and with a couple grand you can build a bulletproof auto trans, and a good clutch and your dodge stick shift will last forever. i know, because i have several friends with both auto's and stick shifts. and the reason why most believe the cummins engines are superior to the others, is simplicity. a straight 6 will always last longer than a v-style engine. that is why they put them in semi's. and head bolts dont necissarily mean much. you have six cylinders with one head on top of them, versus 4. with a set of head studs, you can run as much boost as you want on almost any diesel engine. the problem with powerstroke's is the heui system that they utilize. it can only fuel so much, and it does a great job inside its limits.

The mechanical p-pump is what many switch too in performance applications, if they dont already have it. that is why many 24v cummins owners switch from electronic injection to the p-pump, along with a few powerstroke owners who use their machines only for pulling and such and want the most power they can get. hell, i wouldnt be surprised if there are p-pumped duramax's out there.

This coming from a cummins owner, who was about to buy a powerstroke a few days before

oh, and btw, my trans is about toast. but it lasted 215k miles of abuse. and i know it was abused because i bought it with a broken front axle and a weight rack hanging off the front end.