Possible Blown Top End

BGATZ

Jun 29, 2011
CT
i posted the other day but i couldnt get any help so here i go
my buddy was riding was yamming on it pretty hard and it stalled and i heard a tiny pop i towed him home and we started to evaluate. at first we thought it was electrical, tors or park brake. we fiddled the connection possibilities and nothing we found that he sucked a reed petal i had spare stock ones so we swapped them out, someone said that would most likely blow a top end idk if thats true. only way we can test compresssion is by the hardness of the kicker, it still has good compression. i dont know the name of the part that connects to the plug but we werent getting much spark i would hold it and wouldnt get shocked only way we could test it so i swapped it and still didnt get much but more than the last one it starts for a second and dies when kicking smokes comes out the exhaust if that matters and we did swap a plug, if you need any more info to help lead me to the answer please ask, thanks ben some pics below

fdd1f7.jpg

2ijghfb.jpg

1jl2iq.jpg

33p4o41.jpg

2r3fjw9.jpg

zk281w.jpg

Check that ALL connections are clean and tight. Add dielectric grease to them. Coil mount has to be clean bare metal and coil. Add grease. All other grounds must be clean. If you can't figure out which are grounds, look in the manual.Cut 1/4" from plug wire, install cap with di-grease. Now you can tell us the quality of the spark, holding plug to head while kicking. Should be fat blue spark.

thanks ill try that
im just praying its not a to end if it is we are going to do a Vitos BB240 kit

You can get a pretty good idea if the top end has damage by pulling off the pipe and looking up the exhaust port for signs of damage to the piston or rings.

Don't think they run with bad reeds. Noticed in pics that you have the TORS still on carb. Is it atleast dis abled? The stupid Brain loses it's mind and causes all kinds of problems ignition wise.

Doesn't explain chit to me. Sound is jacked on my puter

it wont run with the parking brake unplugged from what i have read and seen on the quad the tors is correctly deleted someone commented on my youtube and said a CDI could it possibly be that

From what I have seen on here and Banshee HQ CDIs either work or don't, very rarely mafunction. I presume that it ran good before and this problem was sudden? Have you done as suggested as to wireing/grounds? Double check TORS disable, yours is 03+? Also check parking brake removal. Use the Google advanced search @ top of page for TORS & P.B.

We are going to have to check all wires. And yes it was sudden. It sucked a reed and wouldn't start ever since. It had this problem before but we had it fixed. I'm going to try everything you said and keep you guys updated.

Long story short. We touched couple of wires and checked cdi box. Fired right up. Hopefully it stays fine. Got a vid. Gonna post it soon

So we got it started today. Got a vid. Pretty self explanatory. In the vid you can't hear it but there was a noise. I'm almost postive it's the reed petal floating around.

Yamaha blaster problem - YouTube

Is it your piston rings. I saw a video earlier today and it literally made the same sound and everything, I would try it. It is not the parking break cause that pops more and it sounds like the engine is being muffled. I think it's the rings.