PORTING...This has got to be the thinnest intake bridge I've ever seen!

No intake bridge here!!! lol

122.jpg

I saw an old Kawasaki street bike with race porting that had a "widows peak" sticking down where the bridge used to be. It was just enough to keep the ring in the piston. Here is the best picture I could find to illustrate what I'm talking about: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...k1_2ZpNReZyLKpxRbhwX_P6ueb7yv-iREpZKdooDZFlT6

Even though this Blaster jug looks it was done by a third grader I am tempted to buy it for $50 and see how it runs.

The listing says with a head so it would be worth the try, shame the postage kill me from getting it. I am busting to get my hands on a jug and head....

Ported cylinder and milled head. This came off a Blaster that is being parted out. Cylinder is ported and has a fresh 68.00mm bore. The head is milled .003 inch for higher compression.

I'm wondering if he is parting it because he could never could get it to run properly after it's rebuild?

Good posibilitiy right there. Probably butched the ex even worse. Wouldn't run even with a drag pipe,lol. Maybe pistons were failing? Isn't 68mm the last bore?

Yeah I just took another look at it and the exhaust is botched too and the milled head has failure damage. I was thinking I would buy it if I could get for the price of the milled head but even then it's not worth it : )

I saw an old Kawasaki street bike with race porting that had a "widows peak" sticking down where the bridge used to be. It was just enough to keep the ring in the piston. Here is the best picture I could find to illustrate what I'm talking about: https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...k1_2ZpNReZyLKpxRbhwX_P6ueb7yv-iREpZKdooDZFlT6

Even though this Blaster jug looks it was done by a third grader I am tempted to buy it for $50 and see how it runs.

images

That is the way they came stock. Amazing huh?

Steve

Good posibilitiy right there. Probably butched the ex even worse. Wouldn't run even with a drag pipe,lol. Maybe pistons were failing? Isn't 68mm the last bore?

Exactly. What else did they do?
No bridge spade design is actually old technology.

The bridge came way later in 2 stroke design to add more intake area with ring support. Having a bridge is a plus.

I've been looking for a picture of that Kawi cylinder but I can't find it anywhere, it still seems crazy to me that you you can look in the engine and see so much of the rings at bdc. I did stumble across an interesting read for you guys that like technical stuff though: Klemm Vintage Modifications for

I've been looking for a picture of that Kawi cylinder but I can't find it anywhere, it still seems crazy to me that you you can look in the engine and see so much of the rings at bdc. I did stumble across an interesting read for you guys that like technical stuff though: Klemm Vintage Modifications for

Sweet, good read, thanks!
These were a heck of a bike when they came out, still a thrilling ride.

Steve