Porting and polishing

Blaster-kenny

Nov 30, 2015
Cda Idaho
I have a stock blaster with a DG silencer. I am replacing the piston with a wiseco stock bore piston. I would like to get more power by porting it. I live in the Spokane WA area. Can anyone point me in the rite direction? Or possibly help me figure out what other mods would give me a good power gain for about the same price?

I would go for an aftermarket pipe, before porting, or both lol. Anything but dg is an improvement over stock. Get an aftermarket foam filter, and leave the airbox lid off, and you will definitely gain some power. Make sure to up your main jet to account for any mods!

Reactions: Blaster-kenny
I would go for an aftermarket pipe, before porting, or both lol. Anything but dg is an improvement over stock. Get an aftermarket foam filter, and leave the airbox lid off, and you will definitely gain some power. Make sure to up your main jet to account for any mods!

What are good pipes? I've heard Toomey is one of the best but almost 400$....

It depends on the type of riding you plan on doing. Head mod, pipe, and airbox/filter upgrades would be my first thoughts.

Your piston can't just drop in. You have to have the cyliunder checked out to make sure it's within spec.

After that, upgrade the suspension. That alone will make you faster in almost any setting than additional engine mods.

FMF Fatty pipe and silencer is an awesome combination!
Toomey B1 and pipe is an awesome combination!
And... my personal favorite... the DMC Alien pipe and silencer!

A pipe and silencer coupled with a solid port job and a head that has been re-chambered for compression and a "hemi" combustion chamber and PROPER JETTING will get you 30+ RELIABLE HP!

Reactions: dirtysquared
next, go to rechambered head, makes a BIG diference! following the 10 videos and post by JOEAK47, it is easy,.
rechambered head + rise 10 degrees exhaust port makes a "NEW BLASTER"

To address the first part of the question, the cylinders need to be measured and checked for wear and roundness. It may be within spec, but it is best to send the cylinder to a reputable shop to have it done. KOR is a good one. HJR's porting is very good, but he has had a few setbacks in the Banshee community on combustion chambers. To make it easy, bundle it all together. Send it to KOR, have it ported, bored to the new piston, and have the head recut. I doubt it'll exceed $400 and it'll be very much worth it.

Reactions: OConnor Racing
i´m agree with you , the best way to have powerfull blaster is send the engine to a reputable shop,
my personal opinion, prefer learn about, read some books, watch some videos, and very IMPORTANT, visit and search on this awsome forum! and next try to do your own port, obiously my port job will be less compared to K.O.R. ports job, but it was done for me,! That motivates me to continue to learn to be a little closer to a good port job.
my 2 cents