Polanda build

Spywell

Mar 25, 2011
Wichita, Kansas
Alright, I have pretty much chosen a 300ex chassis for my build, I would also like any input on this. I havn't purchased this frame yet because I can't talk the guy lower than $200 for this chassis.

imag0091.jpg
imag0092.jpg

imag0093.jpg
imag0094.jpg

imag0095.jpg
imag0096.jpg

imag0097.jpg
pic_0007.jpg

This is what I plan on doing:
imagcut0091.jpg

I pretty much want the front end and plastics of this quad. I figure if I cut this frame in roughly the same areas on both frames that I could weld them together. This way I don't have to worry about Engine+transmission mounts, CVT alignment, and swingarm alignment. Polaris uses a square frame that is a little beefier than this honda 300ex frame but the problem with the Polaris frame is that the front end is really heavy and there is a lot of metal that is not needed on the top all the way back to the grab bar. More specifically I have the 4x4 a-arms, the beefed up 4x4 front end (minus the 4x4 parts), and the macphurson heavy duty struts. I also have 12" steel wheels with 25" tires up front, and 10" steel rear wheels with 25" tires in back, they are both knobby mud tires. There is a lot of weight that I need to get rid of and I believe moving to this 300ex chassis is my answer.

Taking this quad out of the 500-600lb range and sticking it in the 350-450lb range would be a huge improvement. Also the polaris bike is really top heavy and can't go into the turns like a blaster, hoping to improve there as well.

I would like your opinions on whether or not $200 is a good deal for this chassis, the fella says he wants his money out of the rear tires and won't go lower than $200 but I am not even going to use the rear swingarm or tires.

Currently my quad weighs so much that even with around 63 crank horse, Nathan (N8tsNastyBlasty) is keeping up with me (one to two quad lengths behind me), after talking with Gabe (Rubbersalt), he believes with just a little more porting and a custom out of frame pipe I would be in the 70+ crank horse range. I figure if I can hit 70 at the crank, that should equal 56rwhp (20% loss through cvt) and at 400lb's the bike should have a power to weight ratio of 0.14 which is faster than a stock 500 quadzilla.

Also I should throw this out there, the polaris width is 46" or 47" and the 300ex width is 43.5" which means I need extended a-arms.

I would really like this question answered asap (is $200 a good price for this scrap?) I love my 12" of ground clearance but I would be happier with more handling and less weight.

Thanks guys!

Where are you going to stick the blaster sticker so its forum relavent

or

get the haill outa here with that pos, go home you freakin snowmobile on wheels..........

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
end of line

"so you wanna play that game hugh""

EDIT
Well we made need to take it to the private message board then spanky

Your hackin together a 400ex a husky and a polaris??
and

Your posting it on BLASTERFORUM.COM

And you want respect??

Why dont you remove your thread to off topic, polaris.com or at least explain what in the world you are talking about..........

(maybe it should go in gettofab hackjobs)

imagine everybody with a camera took a picture of anything with four wheels and posted on this (blasterforum.com) webpage and started tellin how their gunna....you dont even own the damn thing!!!

I don't find your post very respectful, Blasters are great little tuner bikes but the whole world doesn't revolve around them. I suggest you grow up and learn a little respect, you act like a little trolling child. With so few posts I doubt you have obtained the influence to even make a statement like that unless you are buddy, buddy with the admins.

Could I get a Moderator to remove any replies (including my own) that are not constructive to this thread please.

Last edited:
djack12 said:
Here is a warning for ALL FORUM MEMBERS about insulting/ripping.bashing and name calling on other forum members. Also rude comments are not ok. Watch the words you use. Admin and Mods will not put up with anymore of it. There is way to much.

This is a fourm to help others. Not bash and rip on others.

The next step is a 10 day infraction, and after that a ban.

Blazed405 said:

or

get the hell outa here with that pos, go home you freakin snowmobile on wheels..........

end of line
I don't find your post very respectful, Blasters are great little tuner bikes but the whole world doesn't revolve around them. I suggest you grow up and learn a little respect, you act like a little trolling child. With so few posts I doubt you have obtained the influence to even make a statement like that unless you are buddy, buddy with the admins.

Could I get a Moderator to remove any replies (including my own) that are not constructive to this thread please.

Last edited:
i think this will get more attention when both bikes are sitting there side by side so we can see what you see
i originally thought this was a direct engine swap ???
and BTW...the "diet frame" should show huge improvements as you stated

i think this will get more attention when both bikes are sitting there side by side so we can see what you see
i originally thought this was a direct engine swap ???
and BTW...the "diet frame" should show huge improvements as you stated

Thanks, I will get some pictures up tomorrow of my Polaris.

We have several rolling blaster chassis that I could stick my engine in and a local guy who put this particular Polaris engine into a blaster. The reasons I chose to go with the 300ex frame was mainly because they swap parts with the 400ex, it's a square frame, it seems to be built sturdier than the blasters and chopping the front seems to be a pretty simple, easy solution to my overall problem. The ever pounding question is whether $200 is worth it for this roller.

To give a little history on this Popo, I purchased a 1993 Polaris 350l from Nathan for $75 that had a working 350 2t motor and transmission but the chassis and tires was junk. Then I purchased a 1995 Polaris xplorer 400l for $250 that had a great chassis, a strong running 400 2t motor, brand new Goodyear tires but missing the transmission and plastics. I put the two together and purchased all the bolt ons, plus port job and now I have a pretty cheap, fast atv. Why is this roller so expensive when the last two rollers were a way better deal? I really want this frame but I am letting you guys be the deciding factor in my decision. I also plan to include pictures of the build for anyone interested in this project.

Blazed405 said:

and

And you want respect??

Why dont _you_ remove your thread to off topic, polaris.com or at least explain what in the world you are talking about..........

imagine everybody with a camera took a picture of anything with four wheels and posted on this (_blasterforum.com_) webpage and started tellin how their gunna....you dont even own the damn thing!!!
Go troll elsewhere please, there are plenty of other members that you could be picking on, unless you really favor a ban or something. Regardless I doubt the blasterforum community wants an adholescant troll running around spouting politics so with all due respect, I suggest you man up and leave this one alone.

Oh and I honestly only posted it here because I like the members of this community, but I suppose every community has its rotten apples.

Still dont get it,
your going to
a stick a polaris engine in a 400ex
b weld a 400ex and a polaris frame halves together and put in a ???engine???
c put a 400ex engine in a polaris and weld a blaster frame onto the front
d put a polaris engine in a blaster frame??
e chop up a 300, a 400, a polaris, a blaste,r a husky, and a little red wagon then weld them all back together to make a 4x4 with handle bars??

Thanks, I will get some pictures up tomorrow of my Polaris.

We have several rolling blaster chassis that I could stick my engine in and a local guy who put this particular Polaris engine into a blaster. The reasons I chose to go with the 300ex frame was mainly because they swap parts with the 400ex, it's a square frame, it seems to be built sturdier than the blasters and chopping the front seems to be a pretty simple, easy solution to my overall problem. The ever pounding question is whether $200 is worth it for this roller.

To give a little history on this Popo, I purchased a 1993 Polaris 350l from Nathan for $75 that had a working 350 2t motor and transmission but the chassis and tires was junk. Then I purchased a 1995 Polaris xplorer 400l for $250 that had a great chassis, a strong running 400 2t motor, brand new Goodyear tires but missing the transmission and plastics. I put the two together and purchased all the bolt ons, plus port job and now I have a pretty cheap, fast atv. Why is this roller so expensive when the last two rollers were a way better deal? I really want this frame but I am letting you guys be the deciding factor in my decision. I also plan to include pictures of the build for anyone interested in this project.

or

get the haill outa here with that pos, go home you freakin snowmobile on wheels..........

end of line

"so you wanna play that game hugh""

EDIT

and

And you want respect??

Why dont you remove your thread to off topic, polaris.com or at least explain what in the world you are talking about..........

imagine everybody with a camera took a picture of anything with four wheels and posted on this (blasterforum.com) webpage and started tellin how their gunna....you dont even own the damn thing!!!

Every guy on here has the right to build whatever they want.
If you don't like it then don't click the thread.
Yeah sure this is blaster forum but we own all different bikes around here I myself have 3.

go tell............................................................................................................................

dude, chill the fuk out !!!!!!!

Stay outta this thread and let these guys alone, they are full of good info, and this may turn into a very informative thread for anyone looking to build a hybrid, blaster or not

BTW, at the same time we are doing this project we are doing a blaster project, I will do my best to keep you informed on both.

We have a 100% stock blaster that we are going to get stock times for.
Next we are going to tune it with ingenuity to find out how fast a stock blaster can go with little to no money invested. Specifically we are going to port it, cut the stock blaster pipe up to match the porting, lap the head, pretty much everything that most anyone with the right tools could do themselves and see where this bike lands.
This will be Rubbersalts baby so be looking out, we will start sometime in the next month.

I have bad news, I went to get pictures of my atv today and it wasn't there.

My ATV has been stolen, locks merely keep honest people honest.

They could have stolen some tricked out three wheelers, blasters, etc. but I seem to have been the lucky one.