plug chop mod

Mar 29, 2007
pennsylvania
i did a mod to my plug. maybe its just me but it seems like it made a difference. here's some pics. anyone else try this? work good for you?

i know its kinda hard to tell, but does it look like i'm runnin to rich? all the junk on my finger in the last pic is the junk i wiped off the plug. i think too much oil.

i did a mod to my plug. maybe its just me but it seems like it made a difference. here's some pics. anyone else try this? work good for you?

i know its kinda hard to tell, but does it look like i'm runnin to rich? all the junk on my finger in the last pic is the junk i wiped off the plug. i think too much oil.

did you mod your plug??? i am lost.

a plug chop is not a mod.... it's a method of determining air/fuel/oil ratio.

its easy he cut the tip of the thing on top of the plug,its a great mod for 4 stroke but on 2 stroke it s not good it will burn a hole in your piston!!!

yeah.. it is a little rich by looking at it..

and no.. thats bad idea... like randelator just said.. good for 4 stroke.. not good at all for 2stroke.. cuz it Willll burn a spot in your piston in time..

Yup

The spark is the point of ignition, you just opened that up and stuck it in one point off the electrode showing directly at an aluminum piston. They make that over hang for a reason!!

A

but plugs like the platinum +2's and +4's, and the E3 plugs don't have the electrode right over the piston.... but i guess since a 2 stroke fires twice as often as a 4 the piston could easily melt whereas the 4 stroke wouldn't.... bummer tho it did make a difference.

Yup

More heat always does. I actually am playing with an E3 now that is one step hotter than stock (8 is stock I am running a 6). I am expecting it will melt through, just wanna see how long. The spark itself is several grades of magnitude stronger and I was having issues with too rich a mix and an oil seal leak. Got most of the issues worked out. The plug works so well I'm gonna leave her in. Not fond of the Vito's piston I have in there anyway, what better way to have an excuse to swap it?

A

little bit faster combustion. it lets the flame front spread down to the piston faster b/c the spark is open towards the piston, and not just open to the cylinder walls.