Please help!!!!!

haegs09

Jan 2, 2016
Ok so I was modding my blaster by taking off the airbox lid and putting in a new airfilter. I asked around on here and people said that I should try anywhere from 240-260 jetting. I put in a 250 and I lost a lot of power. The top end and midrange were the same but there was no low end. It barely lifts up in first without the clutch. I tried messing around with the air mixture screw with no luck. I think it may be running too rich because it doesn't have the throttle response it used to and when I have the choke on, it bogs awful. What should I do? Should I try a 240 main? The only mods is no airbox lid and toomey silencer.

So low end was good before air filter and lid change? What is air screw at now? Does it idle good? How much have you tried changing it? Might try starting at the default settings, 1 1/2 turns out from LIGHTLY seated.

Because main jet only affects 3/4- full throttle doubt that's the issue. Search how to do a plug chop to confirm main jet is good.
Silencer has no effect on jetting FYI.

So low end was good before air filter and lid change? What is air screw at now? Does it idle good? How much have you tried changing it? Might try starting at the default settings, 1 1/2 turns out from LIGHTLY seated.

Because main jet only affects 3/4- full throttle doubt that's the issue. Search how to do a plug chop to confirm main jet is good.
Silencer has no effect on jetting FYI.
The low end was perfect. Its idles fine and I have been changing the air mixture a lot. I have it 1 1/2 turns out right now and it still runs crappy. I will do a plug chop later today.

That's odd. Sure filter doesn't have to much oil ? Did the little brass washer under the main jet get put back in ?
Have you recently clean carb ? Did you set float level while apart ?

That's odd. Sure filter doesn't have to much oil ? Did the little brass washer under the main jet get put back in ?
Have you recently clean carb ? Did you set float level while apart ?
Filter seems perfect. The washer went in under the jet. I actually didn't set the float level how do I do that?