Please Help

Conor Anderson

Feb 16, 2015
I have a 2005 Blaster that will idle but as soon as you give it throttle it stalls. I've changed the oil, new spark plug and cleaned air filter. There is a knock which has developed as it's taking over. It still has the mixer bottle connected for the 2 stroke.

Doesnt sound too healthy - first things first. Are you running enough octane in your fuel? 91 minimum. Correct spark plug BR8ES? Compression test? If all is well with compression do a leakdown test. If all is well with a leakdown start checking ignition components - wiring, TORS system (if still on) - make sure your stator plate has not been modded (timing advance), all stator components are tight and in place - test them all with a DMM. Too much timing or a faulty ignition system can cause detonation (spark knock)

If you do not find an internal engine issue its time to look at fuel delivery - make sure you line is clean and producing a good stream of fuel when the petcock is on. Check your intake boot for cracks and leaks (leakdown should show these if present). Check your reeds, if they are broken or not sealing the unit will NEVER run right. If all is well with the fuel system its time to check into your carb. A good thorough cleaning will be helpful.

Delete that oil injection system, they fail too often and are unreliable. Use a block off plate, plug the carb port and just mix your fuel in the tank. This will save alot of headache.

check to make sure the parking break wire is not causing it.
disconnect it from the clutch lever/follow it down under the headlight and unplug it complety.
or disconnect it handle bars and press it in all the way to see if it revs:)

parking break.jpg

Reactions: Awk08
check to make sure the parking break wire is not causing it.
disconnect it from the clutch lever/follow it down under the headlight and unplug it complety.
or disconnect it handle bars and press it in all the way to see if it revs:)

View attachment 14466

Thanks for the advice. I done that and the parking brake cable is ok. I'm trying another couple of things now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt sound too healthy - first things first. Are you running enough octane in your fuel? 91 minimum. Correct spark plug BR8ES? Compression test? If all is well with compression do a leakdown test. If all is well with a leakdown start checking ignition components - wiring, TORS system (if still on) - make sure your stator plate has not been modded (timing advance), all stator components are tight and in place - test them all with a DMM. Too much timing or a faulty ignition system can cause detonation (spark knock)

If you do not find an internal engine issue its time to look at fuel delivery - make sure you line is clean and producing a good stream of fuel when the petcock is on. Check your intake boot for cracks and leaks (leakdown should show these if present). Check your reeds, if they are broken or not sealing the unit will NEVER run right. If all is well with the fuel system its time to check into your carb. A good thorough cleaning will be helpful.

Delete that oil injection system, they fail too often and are unreliable. Use a block off plate, plug the carb port and just mix your fuel in the tank. This will save alot of headache.

This info was great. Checked all you said and sure enough one of the reeds was broken. I'm now trying to source them as all the ones available in eBay are in the USA for sale and I'm from Ireland, trying to source locally at the moment. I have the TORS now removed.

Glad to hear that bud! Hope you find some reeds soon so you'll be back into riding shape.

An oil delivery system in use since the 60s doesn't fail. Operator error or lack of maintenance causes failures.

I beg to differ, most oil injection systems are "old news" so to speak - technology that is outdated. Very rarely are they even still used aside from childrens bikes. An oil injection pump will NEVER fail if it never has one to fail - tried and true, mix your fuel and don't deal with the headache. Mazda RX8's had oil injection failures all over when they released that car - they failed so often they had a recall on the engines. So even today that "technology" still fails.

Don't get me wrong, I am not here to argue or to say that the systems never did work - its just my overall $.02 on a system that - in my opinion - can and will let you down.

Reactions: MURPH
Oil injection systems fail because of operator error, keep it clean, fill the tank and bleed the system when needed.

No problems with the satisfaction that the engine is being fully lubricated at all throttle openings.

oil injection smokes less then 32:1
people do dumb things and that is why
some folks beneifit from mixing.
not cuz of oil injection technolody.