Please help!

[><]Buck[><]

Jul 13, 2011
Delaware
i had someone i know put new friction plates in my blaster for the clutch. i have no idea what he did but its like stuck in nuetral. when i shift in gear it still rolls like its in nuetral. i put it in 2nd and kicked it and it started up and idled. please help

He screwed up something in your clutch, adjustment wise that is. Get your manual out and adjust the cable and lever to where they are supposed to be and go from there

well i adjusted the cable. and it did the same thing then i took the cable off to see if maybe it was just grabing to much. and it did the same thing

Looks like you are going to have to take the clutch cover off and see what's happening. It could be a plate is missing, or he just didn't adjust it properly

There's a mark on the engine case under the carb the the clutch arm lines up with. You have to take your clutch cable of and adjust the rod in the center of the clutch to make it like up. Loctite the threads.

There is also a dot on the inner clutch basket that needs to be lined up with the dot on the outer basket. the metal plates need to have the lobes at different intervals as well. Twelve o"clock, two, four, six, eight and ten. Usually it is the adjustment with the rod and the arm like Blasterdemon said. All this info is in the Clymers manual.

Does Blaster have the ''chatter disk"? If it did and the new on didn't the small spacer disk for the narrow 'chatter disk" could have been left in the basket and not letting the clutch disengage. A friend of mine just had this happen on an LTZ400. He got it all the way back together and it had nothing. When we went back into it we found the 2 metal spacers in the back of the basket, took them out and put it back together and everything was fine.