Please help rear shock trouble

DELSOUL

Aug 7, 2011
Ok so here is the problem. I ordered up a 400ex shock off ebay and I ordered the bushings and everything. So I am in the process of installing this when I can't get the damn top bolt out of the stock shock out. I got the nut off fine but when I am trying to get the top bolt out it wont budge to save my life. I have tried tons of WD 40 and I have pounded on it for like and hour and it still wont move. I have tried twisting it wit a breaker bar and it almost broke me lol. But I am just looking for any other ideas that might help or if there is something that I am just missing. I thought about putting some heat on it but I don't know if it will mess anything up. Please help

What if I already undid the the bottom of the shock where it connects to the swingarm. Wouldn't that take the pressure off the shock and it still wont budge

heat !!!! and try turning the bolt with the ratchet, or better yet air tools to break it free, then a BFH and punch

so does it usually come out pretty easy like it should be able to turn in the hole cause this thing wont budge i been putting my breaker bar on it with a cheater on the end of that and it feels like the head of the bolt wants to twist off

shouldnt be that bad, and should turn at least
throw the flame to her !!!!!!

Ok so I ended up just cutting it out with an angle grinder so much for not messing anything up lol