Pissing me off

Grazella

Jul 5, 2018
New wiring harness has a plug with one yellow wire and one brown under the hood and one down by the carb what are they for????...not getting spark and literally every thing is new...harness,CDI ,stator,COIL,Kill/light switch....not getting spark got juice going to the CDI but not coming out of it to the orange coil wire...Tors completely eliminated....

Its an 04 .....Got 12 volts up to the CDI but not coming back in the orange to the coil..even when putting the old stator back in...the whole electrical system is new from Yamaha...Tors is completely eliminated including throttle cable,clutch, parking brake sensors and key switch as well but the new harness has plugs that im not sure what you do with. Its like a kill switch is on or something...There is on plug under the hood one wire yellow one brown the the same plug down by the carb

Tors is in the CDI on 03+ machines, the yellow/black stripe and black wires coming out of the CDI must be cut and spliced together to disable the brain inside the CDI ....

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

2lvzd3q.jpg

also, make sure no black/white stripe wire is connected to any solid black wires, or touching bare frame.
those are the 2 that go to the kill/run and key switches and when connected in the off position kill the ignition.
our kill switches are normally open to run, closed to make connection to kill

Tors is in the CDI on 03+ machines, the yellow/black stripe and black wires coming out of the CDI must be cut and spliced together to disable the brain inside the CDI ....

https://www.blasterforum.com/threads/03-06-tors-removal-diy.41973/

2lvzd3q.jpg

also, make sure no black/white stripe wire is connected to any solid black wires, or touching bare frame.
those are the 2 that go to the kill/run and key switches and when connected in the off position kill the ignition.
our kill switches are normally open to run, closed to make connection to kill

Yup got those spliced together.....gonna check out the black/white wire to black....thanks

Reactions: Awk08
we had one we fixed at a ride last year that would not start even with those tors wires connected, just for the hell of it I connected all 4 ends of those 2 wires, the 2 coming out of CDI and the 2 left over that headed out the harnes and bam, it fired right up ?
I've never had an 03+ harness and was just guessing, but it worked. worth a try.
is your parking brake unplugged also ? follow it down from the bars and unplug it under the hood

we had one we fixed at a ride last year that would not start even with those tors wires connected, just for the hell of it I connected all 4 ends of those 2 wires, the 2 coming out of CDI and the 2 left over that headed out the harnes and bam, it fired right up ?
I've never had an 03+ harness and was just guessing, but it worked. worth a try.
is your parking brake unplugged also ? follow it down from the bars and unplug it under the hood