pipe help

race-a-holic

Aug 17, 2009
Arkansas
I'm hoping to buy a blaster in the near future.
I'll start out with the common bolt-on's.
Definitely a pipe,will just jet the stock carb till I can afford a larger carb.
If like on the banshees I had,one of the first things I do is eliminate the sorry excuse for an airbox and use a clamp-on K&N filter with an outwear.
I don't ride in hardly any water or mud.
I figure later on I'll get a decent port job yet not a drag port.

I'm considering a Toomey(best sounding with what research I've done),Shearer,or CPI.
I have used all these different pipes on banshees and the shearer pipes pulled insanely hard on topend.
How close would the power be when comparing these pipes on a stock or mild port job?If the Toomey is close,I'll go with it.
I mainly drag race yet like to keep it rideable incase I do a little riding around atv parks.
Any advice will be appreciated.Thanks.

well the shearer pipe for the blasters isnt a top end pipe, its more of a low to mid pipe.
the clamp on will be good if your not doing any water or mud.
remove the oil injection asap and start mixing.

Oh yeah,the oil injection will be history.
I'm still on the lookout for a blaster.Already gathering up funds.
Been away from the quads too long.
I also plan on suspension mods:+4 swingarm,marvin shaws,eliminate front brakes(I did on the banshee),and possibly upgrade the rear brake which I hear isn't all that great.

If you are not dtagging with it then why marvin shaws.If you are willing to spend that type of money then I personally would go with a set of elkas.Put a shee axle in it,get a set of shee rear brakes,and it will stop great.

Actually I'll be drag racing it quite abit.I love surprising people by beating them with a quad they didn't expect to lose to.It's all in fun.

I do want to keep it to where it's not an all out drag quad though.
On my banshee,I had a marvin shaw hillshooter shock on the rear and it soaked up whoops like they were nothing.Very light weight also.

Thanks for the banshee rear brake advice.I might even have one out in the shop.Hmmm?