pipe for the yz

yamaha blaster

Jun 15, 2008
Michigan
So I was looking on ebay and found an fmf fatty for my yz the only thing is it has a dent. My question is are there any ways to get the dent out. My curent pipe is a procircuit but the guy before me did a sh*ty weld job becuase it got holes in it and now my boot gets covered in 2stroke all the time and its turning my boot black. And I want a full fmf exhaust system I have a fmf power core.

Other than cutting the pipe, beating the dent out and rewelding the pipe not that I would know of. Why can't you go back over the sh*tty welds and fix 'em up?

i have heard of filling the pipe with water, corking both ends, putting it in a freezer and it will pop the dent out, but i'm not shure how it works....

i have heard of filling the pipe with water, corking both ends, putting it in a freezer and it will pop the dent out, but i'm not shure how it works....

Yip heard of this too! I just don't like the sound of water in my exhaust. If the bend bothered me that much i'd drill a hole and use slide hammer to pull it out, then weld the whole up, but that's me as i like to weld.

the pipe filled with water works. i did it on my rm80 exhaust the only problem i had was it cracked the weld from the factory but than we just welded right together

I don't remember where I read it at but, what I read was that a dent in the pipe can actually help increase the power, because the dent will make the exhaust compress a little more causing a small power gain.