Pipe cleaning question

Ok so i have a pipe and silencer that I want to clean out the inside. I saw a section in DIY on repacking silencer, however I am wondering what is best way to clean any junk/rust/etc out of pipe and silencer? Also is there a good way to clean up/hide some surface rust/heat on the pipe where it meets the block?

Thanks,

no real way to clean the inside of a pipe. i dont belive anyone does it anyways. you could get some of that thick pipe cleaner things. there like bendable furry things with wire bristles and run it through. i dont think you realy need to. as far as the outside, some oil and eldbow greese does the trick.

What we do for a black pipe/silencer is to use some sanding sponges to smooth out the surface inperfections, and then we use high temp header paint to clean it up, and keep it from rusting out. hehe...

For aluminum pipe/silencers we use the sanding sponge to clean up the bad stuff, and then use aluminum polish to finish it up. Mothers power ball works well for that.

As for the inside of the pipe.... I wonder if a cylinder hone would clean that up...

Toss some petrol into it, stand a little back and throw a match into the inlet side. Seriously, I used to do this on my 2 wheelers every few months to burn the sh!t out of it. BUT use your own discretion if you want to do this as I believe that it could be potentially dangerous!!! You will feel the power difference immediately, going to do it this weekend on my blaster.