pics of the Diamond J Customs kit off a quad

great you dont like the kit, but the only thing the kit does is move the a-arms farther out but it still does not improve yamaha's sh*tty suspension design...
you did say 1 thing correct tho the tie rod angle is important and the kit does change it..
the tie rod angle matters because if the angle is to great then there are binding issues but this kit makes the tie rods longer which decreases the tie rod angle which is what you want.
you contradicted yourself. when you put longer arms on the tie rid is longer yes, but the angle doesnt chance compared to the a arm. now when you put longer arms on, the mounts are in the same posistion, and so are the shock mounts, you just make the arm itself longer. it doesnt change geometry. now when you install this bastard dumbshit idea of a kit, it moves the mounts outward making the front wider. also making the front frame section wider. you get more stability yes, but it changes the frame geometry. it also does not figure in the tie rod, it stays in the stock location. it does not move the tie rod mount. it mounts in the factory location. now what that does is change the the angle the tie rod is compared to the a arm. you have now just changed the goemetry, and messed up the tie rod angle.....which is why this kit is unsafe to jump. not only that, bu tits just some thin steel holding your whole front suspension together. you wanna trust your life to some thin metal? i sure as hell dont. why do you think none of my bikes run wheel spacers or this bullshit pile of sh*t? cuz i dont trust either. in fact i would rather run stock suspension....you know why? cuz it works correctly, and is less likely to fail and kill me. it may need some upgrading yes, but works 1000x's better than this idea.

like i said b4, theres a reason you dont see these alot. if they were a great idea, then everybody would ditch the +2+1 arm/new shock idea, and run this.....why dont they? cuz it doenst compare. and its not nearly as affective or worth the hassle. not to mention not nearly as safe. its junk. face it, your wrong, this is junk.

if you make your case try not contradicting yourself. 1st you say tie rod angle doenst matter, then you say it does.....which is it. i know the answer.....IT DOES!

also for the reacord, you mentioned that using a utility quad for comparison isnt fair because it weighs more.....again i have to correct you. my banshee weighs more than a blaster. doe that make a difference, no. a 250r weighs more than a blaster, it handles 1000x's better....so whats your argument. the point 370 was making was that utility quads arent known for nimbleness and handling. they have wide front frame sections...just like this "great kit" you are so defending. basically he is saying, "take a not so good handling quad, widen the front frame section and make it worse" you want a good mx quad? look at the front frame section.....all skinny. every f*cking 1 of them. ktm, yfz450r, yfz450, trx250r, can am 450, ltr450.....theres a reason, they handle better with a skinny frame and longer arms.

for the record, kawasaki was on to something....the tecate 4 had this idea, along with gullwing arms. only there idea was to make it fit in a small truck bed..like a nissan hardbody or isuzu pickup.

oh and that silver lake invite still stands... i welcome you to come and try to prove me wrong..

what is it goin to take before someone actually listens to us? time and time again we give facts, examples, etc....does nobody want to listen?????? is this just wasted time and effort for us?

we are trying t ohelp everybody who reads this. if you wont listen to our helpful facts and examples, fine. don't but unless you have valid facts and examples as we do, keep them to yourself please.....that not only goes for this thread, but any open forum...people who think they know, but actually dont are what kill forums. research your answers...don't mislead people...never know, your misleading answre could hurt, kill or cause damage, or cost somebody money......remember that anytime you answer sombodys question.....ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO SUSPENSION

what is it goin to take before someone actually listens to us? time and time again we give facts, examples, etc....does nobody want to listen?????? is this just wasted time and effort for us?

we are trying t ohelp everybody who reads this. if you wont listen to our helpful facts and examples, fine. don't but unless you have valid facts and examples as we do, keep them to yourself please.....that not only goes for this thread, but any open forum...people who think they know, but actually dont are what kill forums. research your answers...don't mislead people...never know, your misleading answre could hurt, kill or cause damage, or cost somebody money......remember that anytime you answer sombodys question.....ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO SUSPENSION

x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Some people here are are just dumb and dont listen to facts. Let me try myself and explain it to see if they understand it.

WIDE FRONT FRAME + SHORT A-ARMS = BAD BAD HANDLING

SKINNY FRONT FRAME + LONG A-ARMS = GREAT HANDLING

DIAMOND J CUSTOM KIT MAKES THE FRAME WIDER, A-ARMS REMAIN SAME.

IT IS GOOD ONLY TO KEEP THE QUAD STABLE BUT FOR NOTHING ELSE WHATSOEVER.

FOR WANTING TO NOT SPENT MONEY OR WAIT TILL YOU GET ENOUGH MONEY YOU WILL RISK YOUR LIFE(IF YOUR GONNA RACE THIS) AND IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH WILL END UP SPENDING MORE IN REPAIRS.

i guess everyone has thier opinion....
i personally think the dj kit would be great for flat track racing..
honesty pros dont use the dj kit because THEY HAVE SPONSORS!!
i dont race so i dont see the point in spending about a $1000 on a suspension.
i personally dont understand why people dump soo much money into a-arms for a weekend rider threw the trails or dunes..

no i think pro dont use the kits because there garbage,,

i havent read the whole thread only some
but wouldnt the role of the quad be affected also ? when you think about it the DG kit would be widening the frame for there is more body roll in the corners, where as a skinnier frame and wider A-arms would have less body roll and would be stiffer through the corners....yeee....thought of that myself

i'm glad to see some memebers here that see this the same way as rockstar and i do..

but wouldnt the role of the quad be affected also ? when you think about it the DG kit would be widening the frame for there is more body roll in the corners, where as a skinnier frame and wider A-arms would have less body roll and would be stiffer through the corners....yeee....thought of that myself
glad to see your finally using your head and thinking.....not sure if any of that is valid, but at leas you got your brain working, hahahahaha

i think we've finally come to grips that they are definately junk. they bend easy too...so dont get that idea that they are stronger than the frame...saw that posted before too...

i think we've finally come to grips that they are definately junk. they bend easy too...so dont get that idea that they are stronger than the frame...saw that posted before too...

Me too, i was like how da f*ck is that POS plate stronger than an atv frame.....well i mglad we finally got to an agreement B)

o yeah i support my man 370, rockstar, darealblaster. in the quest to inform these kits are sh*t. stock a arms over diamond J kit. anyone with a diamond J kit wanna race in the woods? im game!

Originally Posted by calcium12 View Post

glad to see your finally using your head and thinking.....not sure if any of that is valid, but at leas you got your brain working, hahahahaha
quote by ROCKSTAR

i second this^^^^

but i would rip that blaster apart with my front shocks in the whoops.

No argument there, but like i said before they work for me and my island riding.... have to agree that they´re not worth when we think i have to replace a ball joints on the arms, and since you cant replace those, know ill replace them with new wider A-arm kit and take out the DJ kit. So money in the garbig.

Final point---- Stupid move. I have to admit.