Picking a porter.

Are you a newb? Use the search button! There are plenty reviews out there.

Then call Ken and talk to him, only he can give you the numbers your looking for. Then call Denny and talk to him, same senerio, he will tell ya what your looking for. Then try a local machine shop....

You have been around long enough to hear all the reviews, and peoples experiences with the different builders, that should be a factor in your decision. Not creating another thread on who is better. You say your not bashing, but you post says otherwise.

And I would be offended if this comment was towards Flotek or Wildcard!

Rediculous!

Well I don't know about "rediculous", but it is ridiculous. :p I:I

I've tried alot of differant builders in Jordans 4 yrs of racing, from minis to Blasters. I've had 5 differant cylinders done by 5 differant builders in the last year alone. I've had 1 builder that was on vacation come to my house and install an engine he built. That was Ken OConnor at the start of our race season. Trust me I can assemble and install an engine, but Ken insisted because actually cared. I try alot of differant pipes, carbs and anything I think will get that little extra bit and if Kens motors were junk and he was an ahole he'd be gone :}

Sounds like a personal problem to me. It doesn't take a lot of thought to figure out where your RPMs are in relation to your thumb throttle. If that was the case, you are pretty hopeless in getting a plug chop at 1/2 throttle since you don't know where it's at. :D

And yes, peak hp doesn't mean everything........but the curves it puts down when reaching peak numbers does.

Wtf are you smoking? Half throttle and knowing what rpm are completely different. I understand you can get an idea from the curve but if a builder tells me he is going to do a port that peaks at 6000 rpm I'd have no idea where that is. Once you hit the powerband there isn't a huge difference in the sound

Wtf are you smoking? Half throttle and knowing what rpm are completely different. I understand you can get an idea from the curve but if a builder tells me he is going to do a port that peaks at 6000 rpm I'd have no idea where that is. Once you hit the powerband there isn't a huge difference in the sound

Blaster typically peaks around 8500rpm. 6000/8500rpm=70.5% throttle.....about 3/4 throttle....probably right around with 3/4 with idle figured in. Peak power is typically between 7000-7500rpm.

Blaster typically peaks around 8500rpm. 6000/8500rpm=70.5% throttle.....about 3/4 throttle....probably right around with 3/4 with idle figured in. Peak power is typically between 7000-7500rpm.

since when does throttle have anything to do with rpms? you can put 3/4 throttle and it will still peak out just slower than WOT

since when does throttle have anything to do with rpms? you can put 3/4 throttle and it will still peak out just slower than WOT

picard_facepalm.jpg

it all depends on your riding style,mods and all that good stuff...best thing to do is call around and talk to every builder you can think of...whatever builder you feel most comfortable with should get you business...visit other sites and see what other people go with...

well people all i have to say is that i bought a rm250 and this thing was a mess when i took the jug off the sleeve did not match any of the ports. I went an bought a new pipe for the bike i thought it was a 1991 but the frame is not the jug so ken took it and bored the exhoust port so the pipe would fit and he did so many different things to this thing it is unreal what it does now to when i bought it oh i forgot how the hell did he do this hmmm its not a blaster an i don't think he copyed any ones work so that tells me its worth calling someone with 35 years exp.

ken o connor all the way! i was really impressed when i called and talked to him for an hr and told me what he was doing with my motor and what he reccmmended i do for what i want out of it, the guy really knows what hes talking about. this is his love and pride, u find a builder that will give u something at cost. most people are in the busy to make money which i am sure he is to, but he is there to help out and answer any questions u may have. i mean his price for porting is cheap compared to what i was quoted around my "local" shops. i saved 150 dollars sending it him, but it is preference too, im not saying any other builders are horrible, im saying KOR will get my business for my motor needs just from what he has done for me since i sent him my motor, he could have ripped me off on fixing a stud i thought was snuffed but it ended up being the threads on the bolt that were shot. not to mention the other things he isnt charging me for, its little stuff but little stuff adds up.i could go on and on. so go with who u want to go with but in the mix talk to ken o connor before u do choose and u wont be disappointed.