Picked Up Another Blaster. With Some Issues

Norm43920

Feb 11, 2010
Ohio
k4cwno.jpg

nh1lhj.jpg

Number 2 Blaster lol Got this one off a kid from craigslist. I sent my friend to check it out for me and he came home with it so i guess were stuck with it lol But It seems to run great. Has quit a few issues were gonna work out but a few im unsure off. Here is a short list of what i know is wrong.

Very stock
Missing Break Lever part that it bolts to the bars is snapped off
No rear break pads at all. Caliper is there.
Missing some screws from plastics
Bald tires all the way around
Wheel berrings feel a bit loose.
Headlight dosent come on

And the Main thing that im lost on is The Kick Start. It dosent pop back up after you kick it and seems like the kick is short. Once we got it all warmed up the short kick was enough to start back up but was a pain in the butt when it was cold.

Any suggestions guys? Thanks for reading I:I

i kick star spring might of came out of the hole take the clutch cover off and check it out should be a simple fix

Congrats on the new to you Blaster bro. Doesn't look to be in bad shape. As for the kick start lever it is most likely a broken return spring or it just popped of of place. Like stated above. Just pull off the clutch cover and check it out. There is a thread in the DYI on how the spring should go. Great pics of how the kick start gear and return spring should go in.

Sweet Thanks for the Tip guys ima check out that DIY and see what we can do.

Paid 500 for this heap lol I figured if it had a strong motor everything else was easly fixed. Thanks for the help Ill report back asap on that.

Reactions: 2000blasternewb
Ok I found a image someone posted and i think that should help me greatly. Does the spring have to be tightened or anything or does it just sit in the holes and get pressure when you kick down.

Also Whats the most you guys would pay for a used Right Side Brake Perch Lever ? (not just the lever) I found one on ebay just what i need but dont wanna bid too much.

Thanks guys :D I would much rather buy something needing a little work than pay an outrageous price for someone to do work I enjoy doing my self.

no problem man just tryin to help a brotha out lol

And I appreciate that very much, I didn't wanna pass up the deal we got the whole perch and lever for 10 bucks shipped And This 97 has Sero Brakes right now so i wanna get the front working at least lol

I still haven't got to rip that right case open yet. I guess im gonna have to wait till the weekend before ill have the time and energy. Went to Seven Springs ski resort and snowboarded the other night and realized im way to old for that stuff. Im hurtin bad lol I told them guy ima stick to my quads and motorcycles lol I:I