Picked up a brand new 06 Blaster

Welcome. Very nice find. Unfortunately a Blaster will NEVER compete with an original TRX in value. The TRX is iconic. The Blaster is...well, a Blaster. I still think you got a great deal but ultimately you would have to find someone who is obsessed with Blasters to really turn a huge profit on it. I say enjoy riding a brand new 5 y/o quad.

To add to the above post the 250r was only made a couple years.

You got a good looking bike from any kind of investment standpoint I'd take off the cherry plastic and replace it right away.
Save it and that would prolly bring some $$$$$ in few years.
The seat same deal.

1307667844018.gif

I have to disagree guys. Take class cars as an example. Of course 67 camaro's and A/C cobras are worth big money.... but even flops like the Edsel are worth BIG money now if they're in perfect unrestored condition. Hell, they were ugly cars then, they're ugly cars now but the condition is what makes them valuable.

BTW, thinking that something will never be valuable because it's "just" a whatever is what keeps them from being valuable. Thinking that something is valuable JUST because it is a whatever is what makes things valuable (sort of like the supply and demand pricing on classic cars).

I can only yell you what I would do, I would drain all of the fluids from that blaster and stick in the corner of the garage completely pristine under a cover. Only pull it out every few months to check on it and make sure everything is still mint. I would then go back on craigslist and buy a beater blaster for a couple hundred bucks and go play on that one.

Then in 10 years or so, when blasters start getting more scarce, list that thing on Ebay and reap the few thousand dollar premium it will bring. Just think, there will never be any more NEW blasters. You may have one of a VERY small number of them simply because people they were the "just" blasters.

Thanks for the compliments guys. I want to ride it so bad but at the same time I'd like to keep it mint. For the time being, I guess I'm not going to ride it. I think I'll pick up a used one in decent condition and just get my kicks on that for now. I mean if I decide I want to ride the new one, I'll throw my dad on the other one that way I won't feel like I wasted my money I:I

sweet find man!
I know everyone else is saying dont ride but hey, thats whats its meant for. just take good care of it! and after riding it a couple years you will probably still sell it for a good price if you take care it anyway!

wes, is that your sister ?????
almost exact same hair !!!!!!!!
hahahahaaaaaa

welcome OP, NICE FIND !!!!!!, $1000 less than i paid for a brand new one back in '96
now go beat the piss out of it !!!!!
the poor things been pent up for years

O my your like the freaking pope of stock blasters right now. $2,200 for any year blaster is hard to imagine for me but man that is hard to resist knowing it's never gen ridden and parked in someone elses garage shure is tantalising. My opion dont ride it untill you get what you get everything you want on it and reap the benifits 5 years from now by getting an 04 for like a $1000 bucks and go nuts.