picked up a 06 TTR50E for $100

92quadracerkid

Dec 21, 2009
picked up a project bike the other day and needs some work i am looking for the following parts for it : transmission gears 4 of them are all chewed up, also need the primary gear that runs off the clutch basket the alum hub broke off where the gear is rivited together, other parts i am looking for are the throttle control assemble that mounts on the bars that has the switch, need a rear rim and chain, also might need a wiring harness,... if you have any parts like big bar kits ect...you can shoot me an email @ shannon.bacon@yti.edu or shoot me a pm thanks

heres a couple pics of the bike
pitbike4.jpg

pitbike1.jpg

pitbike2-1.jpg

pitbike3.jpg

trannygears1.jpg

I can only wonder what people did with this bike I had a 05 crf50 that i beat to hell and im 200lbs and i never had a problem with it

and at this point I would mod it if I where you because its gonna cost alot to get working good again so I would just put all nice aftermaket parts on it

Wow, look at the front brake lever. It's completely pointed down. I've never seen one bent that bad before. Good luck with the restoration and keep us posted with pics.

looks like a cool project. is that your living room that has a bench grinder mounted to a coffee table i guess or is that your shop?

not totally sure but it must have been ramped and beat, because one of the rear frame tubes that runs under the seat has been broken off so i gotta clean up the ends of th tubing and stick a smaller peice of pipe inside the existing frame tubing and mig weld it together, i plan on getting the original syle rear wheel assembly looks liek the rim thats on there is off from a honda z 50 or something but its bent, i want to possibly get blue wheels, but def wanna get the big bar kit found some for under $200, then i wanna get a stiffer rear spring, then new plastics and aftermarket graffics something like the zoo york or fox ones, either way it will be a fun bike to ride around on some trails areound york, i priced the 4 gears for the tranny, the primary drive gear, and the circlips and tranny washers needed and i can get them for under $200

I don't know how someone can rip apart a bike like that has been in only 4 years. That's unreal. But good find for 100 bucks. Might wanna just drop a used engine in it. Might be cheaper in the long run unless you really did find all that stuff for under 200 for all the parts total. Good luck and keep us all posted.

thanks should be a fun little project, i am waiting till i get some $ to order the parts, then then i gotta find a stock rear rim, and the big bar kit, i am going to paint the swing arm and forks gloss white i think that would look cool with the yamaha blue frame, then eventually new plastics and graphics ill keep you guys posted on my progress