Performance

Codyney97

Aug 14, 2015
I'm rebuilding the top end of my 99 blaster with new cylinder and all. What would be the best mods to do for performance while I got it apart

While it's apart? Do or get some porting done. Do it yourself If you have the skills or have it done. Prices vary.

Send the head off to have it rechambered or modded.

Check your reeds.. replace if needed.

Clean your carb for practice.

Make sure you have a leak tester handy for when you put it back together.

Make sure you have jets handy if it wasn't jetted before

Clean air filter, remove air box lid.. get a outerwears cover if you ride in really dirty or wet conditions

Do away with tors just for less carb hassle.

I dunno

Reactions: jus_me and MURPH
I'm rebuilding the top end of my 99 blaster with new cylinder and all. What would be the best mods to do for performance while I got it apart
I had a 99 blaster stock sold it bought one with IG bore out bigger carb and lrd performance specialtizes exhaust and let me tell you big difference

Here is my advice...
Do it correctly and do it once the first time.
DO NOT HALF ASS THE PROJECT! YOU WILL BE SORRY IF YOU DO!
Its a broken record on here sometimes. Here's what I mean...
A new blaster owner picks up a blaster for a great price and wants to fix it up, so he can go ride with his buddies. Obviously the blaster needs work, that's why the great price.

Here is where the problem starts... New blaster owner has an idea what he/she wants to do, so they come to the forum here and ask questions, so as to get help repairing the blaster.
Forum members ask the obvious questions, so they can begin to help. Obvious questions like...
What are your current modifications? What are your expectations? What type of riding do you do?
Etc, etc. Advice is then given such as "Do a leak down test before you pull it apart". "Take your cylinder to a machinist and have them measure it to see what needs to be done", etc,etc.

Then this is what happens... All advice is ignored, and said new blaster owner post something like this...

"I'm still having problems...What could it be? I just threw in my sixth piston in a week and it makes this funny noise and locks up. I can now only get it to run about five minutes before chunks of metal come out the exhaust. Is my carburetor too small, or do I have the wrong two stroke oil in it? I don't have any money to spend on parts, and I need it together by this weekend, so I can go ride. What do I have to do now? What am I doing wrong? My uncle Chet is super diesel mechanic and said my cylinder is in GREAT shape and ready to go again, just by looking at it."

DON'T BE THIS GUY /\ /\ /\ /\ /\