P&P'd the vito 240

Oldfart1stATV

Oct 29, 2007
I assembled the motor after I did some P&P work. The piston needed some opening, big time. The runners will benifit from a nice smooth surface. I was able to get the 34mm carb into the stock intake by removing some material from the intake and tapering the carb lip. A little oil and a good shove and bingo!! BTW, the inside of the stock intake needs to be opened a fair bit or the bigger carb is going into a smaller hole, so don't forget to do that. I didn't put the stroker in, will wait for the next rebuild to come down the pike. So far so good!!!

A

cool man. Mines getting bored and milled down as we speak. What are the torque specs on the head bolts? Im also getting a bigger carb as well. Did you do the port/polish yourself? How much material di you end up removing from the intake side?

YUP!!

It's about time. Need to get some oil in the case to do the break in and double check the carb needle/jet set up. I was surprised how much restriction the piston skirt was giving. I didn't open her up to match the ports, but took off a good couple mm's. The casting on the intake side was about 40 grit, now she's good enough to brush you teeth in. Same with the exhaust. vito gets a thumbs up and the head. Was smooth enough to not need messin' with. The carb was alot of fun. Wasn't sure I could make it fit, but was going to try until something broke. Only took about 10 minutes to get her on and she is frogs ass tight. If anyone else wants to do this, ANY dry rotting or cracking and you can forget it. It is all you can stuff in there and even then it needs work and lube. That said, screw a $90 intake, everyday!!

So0000, I will do a little tweaking and then see if she will start. If so, off we go from there with the break in. I still need an exhaust and chain and some other small sh*t for the second one. It will get the motor that's running now.

Yeeee Haaaa!

AI:I

well happy to ear thats...but...you tooke the easy way out for the crank and for thats i am not proud of ya lol..and for the carb boots i try the same at one time and got stock in the midle of the trail,cause you remove material and the carb is always shaking and gess wath happen the boots crack and big air leak a friend of mine did the same and gess wath same thing happen,but a third friend did the same but put a lots of electrical tape around the boots and it still hold after a year of abuse so keep me in touch about wath you decide!!!

Thought about that!

I left the bead inside the rubber part and only tapered from there towards the carb side. I also tapered the carbs end/mouth. Then to make sure I was going to be doing good stuff, I flipped it over and opend up the engine side of the intake, was alot of rubber reducing the hole diameter. Lubed her up w/soap and pushed and she is squeaky tight. After I clamped it I pulled and she didn't move. I actually had to loosen the clamp to turn it a little so it is in the right spot aligned with the tab/notch. I doubt it will come loose. I believe the rubber will fail before it comes loose. Which is another note, under this much stress, it will not last as long as one made for it. BUT, if I get two seasons out of it, I will keep doing it before I buy another. MUCH, cheaper.

Man, screw that crank for now. That's alot of work!! When the baby motor with the egg shaped cyl. goes and I rebuild it, I will put the crank in that. Too much work and compromise to put it in the 240. I don't need the 4-5 cc's that bad!!

A