Outlaws attempt to turn this pile of trash into a blaster!! ROUND 2

Outlawed Genetics

Jul 17, 2008
OK here we go with round 2 :D after bitching about my blowing cash on my blaster and wanting to ride it constantly wifey admits she wants one and wants it to look nice like mine.... BUT..... she doesnt want any of the go fast goodies just cosmetics:( either way she deserves it. while i make all my cash sitting at a computer for a couple hours a day then playing, she works hard as a full time CNA and is getting ready to go back to school to become an LPN here in 2 months or so

so heres the plan, im going for a simple clean look here white plastics with pink graffics and accents. should be fairly simple.

first things first me and a buddy gotta rip it all down and replace gaskets and oil seals cuz its got hella leaks and while doing so we'll probably paint the frame and swinger and all that silver/chrome and try to restore some white plastics.

we're going to need to do alot of basic repairs along the way. seems the previous owner didnt care how long anything worked as long as it worked to go riding for that day, besides the oil leaks and wrong bolts screwed/stripped in the wrong holsed the rear left hub is ringged on with a washer welded behind it and some weird nut welded in front of it so basicly the wheel just bangs back and forth between the nut and washer welds lol no rear brakes altho it does have a new rear brake rebuild kit in it something went wrong with it last time the guy rode it (i was with and yes it worked when we left) but at the end of the ride it nolonger worked, so far we also noticed all the other cables are stretched out and need replaced, a arm bushings need replaced, and thehandlebars are dirtbike bars with no riser so they catch when turned the whole way. reeds are sh*t too but i still got some never used vito's 2 stage carbon fibers i bought for mine but never installed before buying my vf3's.

i've already cut to the chase and ordered most of the parts and whatnot but so far all i got is the gaskets, seals, plastics, axle, hubs, and she's getting my kenda xcr's with douglas bluelables which have so little riding on them that they still look brand new after being washed, pink n blue lines and all. (daddy's getting maxis razr's w/ douglas red lables)

so far on the way:
all new cables
pink n white hand guards
pink grips
pink n black flame shock covers
fly chrome handlebars
14-40 sprocket and chain set
custom white/pink seat cover

im sure im missing some but thats what i remember for now.

this will be her first time riding a quad and using a clutch, any tips on how to set this up so she doesnt hurt her self soon as she gets on it? besides swinger and wheel spacers of course, ill be getting those soon.

now for the blaster man she's in pain and crying for help:D

3438518477_c9df111544_b.jpg

check out this repair job on the axle/hub/nut

3439327284_c2e8eca4d4_b.jpg

gonna have to saw that axle apart to get it off lol

as far as riding advice.. if she knows how to drive a car.. she should not "kill herself" by getting on it.. most people stall it, i have taught alot of freinds on my blaster and the only fear I had was when one friend never shifted out of first gear... I feared for my engine blowing :-D ahaha. As long as she does not get on the quad then slam the throttle and let the clutch fly.. I do not see much potential hazard, it has 4 wheels, not 2.

as far as riding advice.. if she knows how to drive a car.. she should not "kill herself" by getting on it.. most people stall it, i have taught alot of freinds on my blaster and the only fear I had was when one friend never shifted out of first gear... I feared for my engine blowing :-D ahaha. As long as she does not get on the quad then slam the throttle and let the clutch fly.. I do not see much potential hazard, it has 4 wheels, not 2.

you misunderstood bro, was asking for advice on any special way i could setup the blaster for a beginner to make it easier for her and less worrysome. like i chose to go up a tooth in the front sprocket to take away some of the power

well i wasnt around for round 1.. lol
but i see the outcome ill be watching round two..

the outcome is all that matters anyway right?:D

Nice repair. I like how they made sure to paint over it so it wouldn't look trashy :D Cant wait to see the progress.
yea isnt that great lol lets just say i got suckered a little bit lol i even fell for the tire pressure being low in the back because he liked the way they gripped better with low pressure... turns out it was because the left rear wouldnt hold air lol :D usually i'd have never fell for it but i was so excited my girl wanted to ride i didnt care as long as it ran lol

You know, you might be better off grinding the weld down on the nut and just backing it off. Cutting the axle means you will have to cut right on the axle's hub flange, or grind the flange down the you can remove and save the hub. Although.....cutting an axle with a sawzall sure sounds fun!

Also, if you have a powdercoater near you, I would highly recommend taking the frame to them. By the time you buy everything you need to rattle can a frame and take the time to do it, you will be miserable and spend more money that you thought. You will also be left with a less than durable finish.

Next one I do will be PCd for the time, labor, and really the money savings. Not to mention the superior quality and durability of a good PC. Just my .02

i already bought the axle and hubs to replace it. seems i never find enough excuses to get the sawzall out :)

i wish there was somewhere local that did powdercoating. i'd like to get mine pc'd red

plastics, controls, exhaust are now off. man im gonna need alot of bolt kits, different sized bolts on everything

I love picture journals of the process a project goes through.
Usually from rusty pile of scrap to a beautiful finished product (Note: I come from the vintage car scene)

here are some pics

3534085507_c2e89838a6_b.jpg

3534082229_d24791f554_b.jpg

3534084387_72845e7cc1_b.jpg

3534084967_08d6d5caf8_b.jpg

here is a vid of the gear movement, it cant be tightened down because the nut is cross threaded to the shaft

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so im a lazy piece of sh*t and its put togather and i forgot to update lol ill start uploading pics later tonight.