Other 2 Stroke Motors?

FordMan7072

Feb 4, 2010
Springfield Missouri
I'm having a hard time finding a motor for my blaster so what are some other 2 stroke motors that will fit in a blaster? I've got a welder and fab skills so I don't mind having to make motor mounts. My bro did a WR swap in his Blaster but I looked into them and there kinda pricey. So any ideas on fairly cheap and easy to come by 2 stroke motors??

I keep an eye on ebay motors but they seem to awlyes go for $500-$600 by time the auction is up and I can't really swing that right now just for my toy.

I was also just asking this to see what other kind of motors there are that are 2 stroke just for future refrence.

but i cant talk crap because i thought that would be cool but you would need to extend the frame longer swing arm and all that because of the big power differences but then you would be spending more then you could buy a fixer upper trx like me for a lot cheaper with not many problems and there you go you got something more powerful and over all better

agreed, and once again, what's wrong with your motor that you can't go through it?

Its got a crack in the case that runs from the front sprocket around to behind the clutch basket and the other case I have got a broken stud on the clutch and keeps breaking kick start return springs. I've ridden blasters with dirt bike motors and I've really taken a liking to them.

so just put a motor in like you rode in the other blasters???

if it keeps breaking kickstart springs......why did you keep replacing them to expect something to change?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

hey if your willin to drive theres two part outs in kansas city and they both have good motors if i think right for cheap i called cause they had plastics but theres were a lil beat up

if ur willin to drive ill find em if there still on and ssend u a link

if ur willin to drive ill find em if there still on and ssend u a link

yeah i'll drive up that way if i can get one for a good price.

brandoz28- that's what i want to do but i was just curious what other motors there were besides the wr and yz. I've olny put two kickstart springs in it one that broke and the second one wouldn't spring back up.

Alot of the water cooled engines have head stays, how would that work in a blaster. It would vibrate like hell.